Chapter 3//Andy?

Melissa's P.O.V.

His eyes gaze the room and avoiding my path. "Go ahead and sit at any available chair." Mr. Alan said while gesturing to the classroom with a wave of his hand. All the girls looked around the room, just to find the vacant seats around one person, me. I started getting harder death glares within seconds. Alexander starts walking to the desk to my left. He ignored my gaze but that didn't stop my look of curiosity.

After he sat down and got settled enough, he started swiveling his neck and ignoring the stares of the girls and some guys. "Andy?" I whispered, with my head down, and my eyes turning glossy. He suddenly stopped and his eyes widened. He turned to look at me with shock and confusion. He noticed my eyes and his stare softened. I stopped looking at him and class continued. I could feel his eyes never leave my head.

School continued and it ended, sadly but finally. He had almost every single class with me. In each of them he sat next to me and he never broke contact with me. I was heading to the library to return a few books and to sit and read. I grabbed around 4 books and headed into my silent corner. I always read the same, cliche type books, the girl falls for the guy. I always read them wishing I had someone who liked me in that way. After finishing up the books, I put them back in where they are meant to be placed. People always put the books back in the wrong place so I do the librarian a favor and put them in their proper position.

For the last book, it just so happened to belong at the top shelf of the rack. Just my luck, a short girl has to reach the top shelf. I kept jumping to try and reach the shelf but to my dismay, no luck. My hair was getting in my face and I was getting annoyed. While getting ready for a jump I feel strong hands grip my waist and lift me up as if I weighed nothing. I quickly place the book where it was meant to be. I slowly get lowered against the strangers , quite muscular, chest. I spin around and put a smile on my face, ready to thank the kind stranger.

"Thank you, that would've taken me forever to get up there-" I recognized the face of the stranger, Alexander. My eyes suddenly widen in shock as I processed what just happened. I start to look down and avoid eye contact. "I saw you struggling to get the book up there, so I decided to help you. Sorry if it made you uncomfortable. I swear that wasn't my intention, you just reminded me of someone familiar." He stated apologetically. I feel a warm hand gently glide underneath my chin asking me to look up. I meet his gaze and he says "I thought it was really cute when you tried jumping to get to the shelf." I suddenly felt a wave of blush start to rise from my cheeks.

"Uhhh, I have to go!" I started walking away from him thinking about what just happened. Was he hitting on me? No, I'm being ridiculous, no guy sees me that way. He was making fun of you for sure, just forget about it. Lost in my thoughts I accidentally bump into none other than Alejandro. I immediately get pushed back from the impact and end up falling. "Oh, look who's back. Did you really think that I would let you go that easily?" I tried getting up just to be pulled up by the collar. "Look at me when I'm talking to you! Got that!?" He demanded I responded with his dominant tone.

"Yes..." I whispered. He slaps me across the face. "I didn't hear you!" He screamed at me. "Yes!" He pushed me while dropping me and my head ended up hitting the wall behind me. "You are trash beneath my feet, got it?" I nod my head rapidly while trying to get up so I could run away. When I try to get up, I get lifted up by my throat. "You hear that!? Neither did I, you talk to me in words and look at me while you're at it!" He commands once more. I squirm trying to escape and throw kicks hoping I can have him fall so I can run.

"Let me go! Help! Help! Someone help me!" I scream in desperate need of escape. He starts to tighten his grip around my neck. Help me, please. I tears begin to blur my vision as I get ready for my last breath. "No one can hear your cries in hell you worthless b-" He starts but gets cut off by a running figure knocking him down, setting me free. The hooded figure holds him down with one arm as the other is used to punch Alejandro in the face. "Leave her alone, next time I see you do this you will die." The deep voice of the hooded figure spoke. Wait, isn't that- Alejandro pushes the guy off of himself and begins to run with his tail between his legs.

The hooded man stares at the distance for a bit, then turns around to look back at me. Alexander? He gently lifts my chin up so he can see me bruised face. "Are you alright? Is there anything I can do to help?" I start to cry and lean into the arms of my hero. I snake my arms around his neck and all I can do is whisper thanks in between my sniffles. He starts to rub my back softly and reassures me everything would be alright. "It's ok Lisa, everything's gonna be fine." My eyes widen in shock and I slightly push back leaving a small distance between us. "Wh-what did you just call me?" I start putting the pieces together. "I'm so sorry, it was a slip of the tongue. Again you just really remind me of someone..." He trips over his own words realizing what he just said.

It really is him. "Andy?" I asked praying it really was him. I see a small spark in his eyes just to see it fade away the second after. "Wait, if you really are my Lisa, what was the last thing I had given you before I moved away." Quizzing me to check to see if I was the girl he grew up with. "A white gold locket, if you don't believe me, I can show you right now." I pick up the chain through the collar of my sweater and untuckit, showing the shine of the locket. "It really is you..." We both say in unison. 

***************************************************************

Happy Halloween! I wanted to do an update on one of my favorite times of the year. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Maybe this makes up for the short chapters of TGOL? MSS is still on editing, I have yet to recover the draft and it will be on hold. I can't guarantee which book I will be updating next but it will not be MSS. I'm still working on my 'fighting' and 'cute' scenes, but if you have any advice go ahead and leave a comment below. While you're at it, why don't you...

FOLLOW💖VOTE💖SHARE

Love,
🌺💝Angel💝🌺