Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I secretly liked Jisoo before, I didn't dare to confess because I feared what the result might gave me, imagining to lose him was difficult, and getting rejected would make me suffer for perhaps, a year, or even maybe a decade. There, i decided to keep it to myself and let the childish puppy love fade away. He was just too.. too kind, perfect, and we matched with almost everything.

We were too close that it scares me that time.

It was a week before graduation, I had been anxious for days, and then one night, Jisoo came to my place, he told me about taking a college degree in his hometown, meaning he'd fly back far from me.

That night, I probably cried so much until I fell asleep. It felt like my first heartbreak that wasn't even supposed to be. I could not think of the days ahead without my bestfriend. We had to part ways in just a span of weeks.

As he was afar from me, I planned to drop and forget him. That was the reason why I didn't send back mails to him, and even the messages he'd send on Kakaotalk.

It was good since I moved on with my feelings for him.

Going back to reality, I checked on my watch, "Oh, it's time to leave." I fished my wallet and keys inside my small backpack before heading out of the house, too careless thinking of him might get me late at work.

Speaking of him, he just texted me a sweet tease, Use the gift I gave you! As if I'd be.

And now, he was back to bothering me, giving me mixed feelings of fluttering happiness and nervousness.

The flowers down the streets towards the busstop were all blooming in pink. I just thought of this day could be great. The weather starts to get even colder, preparing for Christmas' zero degrees cold. I can finally use my thickest coat hidden in my wardrobe. I'm currently wearing a simple black hoodie, a white shirt underneath, paired with dark blue pants on the way to work.

"Seungcheol, you look so handsome today." I heard Minki said to our boss who just came in.

Must be the twentieth time I heard him since the day I started here. Does he even get tired hearing that? It sickens me. I know he's our boss and he wants to be good to him but Minki just says it overly disgusting. Exaggerating it as if Seungcheol was the most handsome person in the city.

And everytime Minki would tell it, our boss would make a subtle smile and pass by, like he knew his face was too perfect all the time.

"What do you need?" I questioned.

Seungcheol had called me once again, another day to deal with his awful badmouth again.

"I received a complaint, she said her delivery came half an hour late, and you know that it was you who delivered it, right?"

"Yeah, but it wasn't my fault."

"I have no time for your explanations, Yoon Jeonghan."

"You always have no time." I said in an almost whisper. His eyes could burn me, I could feel the hate he'd been sending me through his big eyes.

"Well.. then," He smirked, I hate that smirk, "I'll let you explain today."

I gulped, nervous to drop names to my boss, I was left no choice since I can't let him blame me on mistakes I didn't made, "Taehyun prepared it late, because Daniel lost the list." The chef that supposed to prepare the orders for the delivery, while I saw Daniel had the orders written on a listed form. And when I had to follow up the food for delivery, it was the only time Daniel remembered, he had actually misplaced the paper.