The White Cat And The Castle

Mal POV

I was sitting in the back of the royal limo. Ben had invited me to spend the summer at his house because one, his castle was close to the school so it wouldn't be very far for me to move, and two, he's my boyfriend and he wanted to spend more time with me. Though I'm sure the second reason was why he really invited me. I had been to his home before, but I had never stayed longer than a few hours, so this was a first.

Ben had sent a car to pick me up, because he was to busy with king stuff that day to do it himself. As we approached the castle the driver pulled up to the door, parking the car he got out and opened the car door for me. As I got out of the car I was a little surprised to see he was the same driver that had picked up Jay, Carlos, Evie and I when we first came to Auradon. He still had that air of not really caring, but I didn't mind, I wasn't really a person who liked to talk just to talk.

He got my bag out of the trunk and led me to the door. As he placed it down I asked.

"Hey" he looked at me, even with the sunglasses I could still tell he didn't want to talk, but I continued anyway. "What's your name?" He looked confused at my question.

"Why do you want to know?" He retorted "Are you going to ask the king to make sure not to send me to pick you up ever again?"

"No" I answered "I actually like the fact that you're not nosey, it's refreshing." He seemed taken aback at my kind words, frankly I was a little too. His demeanor changed a little, he seemed less tense.

"Thank you" he replied. "The name's Josh" I nodded in acknowledgement before taking my bag inside.

"I guess Auradon has changed me more than I thought."  

As I walked in I was met with a young man, he looked to be about twenty eight years old. 

"Hello, lady Mal." he greeted me. He was wearing a white dress shirt, a khaki vest with gold trim,  khaki paints and black dress shoes. 

"Hey Chip." I replied with my usual casual attitude. "I told you, please just call me Mal." He took the bag from me saying.

"Of course, I'm sorry." he apologized "It's a habit to call guests by they're titles." 

"No worries." I assured him. I started to walk past him asking "Do you know where Ben is?"    

"He's in his office." he answered. 

"Thanks" I replied as I started to head in that direction. I hadn't seen Ben for a while, we both had had a lot of exams at the end of the semester and he had an influx of work, so I was happy to be able to spend time with him.   

"Ma'am" Chip called out, I stopped and turned towards him. "He's in a meeting right now." at his words the happy feeling that had been growing in me the whole car ride over deflated, Ben's work always seemed to get in the way, but this is why he had invited me over, so we could spend more time together. I gave a sigh asking 

"Did he say when he'll be done?" 

"Yes" he replied "He told me to tell you he'll be done around four o'clock." I glanced down at my watch, which Ben had gotten me for our one year anniversary, it read two thirty. I gave a sigh, he must have just gotten back to work when I had arrived. Chip walked over to me and said "I can show you to your room if you like?" 

"Yeah" I replied, trying to hide my disappointment "That would be great." 

************************************

Chip had lead me up some stairs and into a hall way with a little loft at the front on the left side and doors down either side with a window at the end. he lead me down to the end of the hall and walked up to the door on the left. he set my bag down and opened the door saying