Meeeeooow

The other two interviews felt more like fifty with how much they had grilled Veronica.

One guy switched his perverted switch to 'on' as soon as Veronica walked into his office and Veronica was forced to push him away when the after-interview-handshake was turned into a hug after he had pulled her towards him.

She had to cross the magazine company off the list.

The eco-friendly farming company, Gemma eco-farming, was number two on the list and was owned by a woman, which made Veronica happy. The manager at the particular location she had applied for, was a man, however.

The response from Gemma eco-farming was quick, not as fast as Bryers industries, but still fast.

They sent Veronica an extensive email talking about how they wanted her because of her amazing resume and references, Veronica was very proud of these things, and that they would love to have her and her eyes nearly fell out of her head when she saw the pay.

She had to reread it multiple times before she understood all the job details in full.

She would begin to get paid after the first week of work- no internships.

Veronica printed it all out. Paper-clipped it. Got dressed, and the headed towards Bryers industries- stopping by the small coffee shop once again.

Since she was in such a good mood from getting two (technically three, but she decided to forget about the third) job offers she ordered a coffee and the fattiest and most chocolatey breakfast item she saw behind the glass case.

The cute boy that she saw after her first visit to the coffee shop was there and she even flirted the best way she knew how- scoring his number which he jotted on her coffee cup and when she glanced back at him on her way out the door he blushed and Veronica swooned.

She ate quickly while walking tossing the paper wrapper into a bin while wiping her face and smiling awkwardly at an old skinny white woman who was walking by and staring at her, her red lips puckered with judgment at her chocolate stained ones.  She headed up to Raffe's office- in a slightly worse mood than she began with, but she was still happy- knocking only twice before opening the door.

"Good morning," Veronica greeted and Raffe only nodded.

"I've laid out your schedule for the first week, after this week you will learn to find your schedule online, new employees intern until I say they are ready to get paid, you start at 9 but are expected to arrive at 8 with coffee for the staff on your assigned floor," He took a breath and Veronica nudged herself into the conversation.

"Actually- I've come to inform you that I've gotten another job offer that I will be accepting," She smiled politely and nodded- more to herself because she was proud of how she didn't stutter or break too much of a sweat.

"You came here, to inform me of you not wanting this job?"

"Well yes-

"Which job did you take?"

"Oh well-

"Why did you take that job?"

"Excuse me-" Veronica tried her best to remain polite because there weren't many other situations that are as bad as being a woman and pissing off a man in power.

"I have taken a job at Gemma eco-farming, and due to the nature of my current situation, this company fits me better"

That was a good professional statement-

Raffe stuck his tongue in the side of his cheek admiring her then nodded. He waved his hand telling her to hand him the file she held in her hand and when she placed it in his palm he waved for her to sit in a not-so-interested way.