Chaper 1 [part 2] Conversation starter

I decided to take initiative and start the conversation. "So... any hobbies?" i asked thinking, "That's a good conversation starter right?"

"Oh, um... I like to read?" he replied, and then looked down.

He didn't seem too into the conversation, probably because he likes suzie more. Figures, why else would he be here. But i can't just not talk to him, suzie would be upset.

"What about you?" he asked.

"Oh, um... i guess i like to draw? " I replied.

He looked up interested and asked, "y-you're and artist?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Not in a professional sense, but i guess i do sell my art." i replied, not thinking too much of it.

I guess that striked up a conversation, because he gave all of his attention to me. I took a sip of my rosemary tea, and placed my cup down. "Would... You like to see some of it?". He nodded with enthusiasm and I brought out my phone. "I do both digital and traditional art, i'm known mostly for the digital aspect." I said scrolling through my phone, finding a decent picture of mine and showed him. He gazed at it in amazement.

At this point suzie had come back from the bathroom and sat herself down saying, "the queen has arrived!" I chuckled a bit, and suzie looked over at michael who was still admiring the picture in front of him. "Your showing him your art?! I thought you were super secretive with it!" suzie almost screamed.

"Not since you made me that art account. I use it suzie and have gotten some wonderful feedback. Even selling some of my art."

"Why didn't you tell me!"

"I was going to, but-" I was cut off by michael saying, "would you mind if i commissioned a drawing from you?" I looked at him a little surprised but then said, "oh! Um yeah sure! What kind of drawing?"

"Maybe you guys could talk about it at your next meeting?" suzie said.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Well me and michael have to get to class soon." she replied.

"Oh, heh, i forgot that your in college now. So is that how you guys met?"

"Yeah, she jumped in front of me while i was reading and started to talk to me." michael replied.

"Only because you were lonely!" Suzie sighed and then stood up leaving some money on the table. "Come on michael, were going to be late." she said beginning to walk out

"Ok, just wait for me outside, I'll be out in a bit." he said. Suzie shrugged and walked out. Michael grabbed a tiny notebook and pencil from his pocket, wrote something down, and looked at me. He ripped the piece of paper out, handed it to me, and said "tell me when you are free." then he walked out.

I stared at the door for a bit, looked at my untouched cheesecake, and then the paper. It was his phone number, i wasn't surprised. I took my fork in hand, a bite of the cheesecake, and thought when and where we should meet. Now that I thought about it, he was a really nice guy.

Sorry for the short part, i thought this would be a good place to end this, but dont worry more parts are on there way!

-Jafa cake