Chapter Seventeen: The Town That Dreaded Sundown

*Jughead*

Everyone's afraid to say it, so let me be the first. 

There is a serial killer amongst us. 

San Francisco had the Zodiac. New Orleans had the Axeman. Texarkana, Texas, had the Phantom Killer. The list goes on and on. 

Add to their ranks Riverdale's very own pshycopath, The Black Hood.

There it was. Terror was seeping into the bedrock of Riverdale...

A town hall meeting had been set by Mayor McCoy. People were afraid to walk the streets alone, especially as dusk approached. Shops closed early, locks were added to doors, suspicions between the North and South side deepened, fanned into flames by Alice Cooper...

As everyone wondered what danger lurked in the dark. When would we hear from the Black Hood next, and how far into darkness would Archie go on his quest to avenge his father...And to stop the Black Hood?

And so the young lovers went back to where it all began, Sweetwater River, to try and end the cycle of violence. We'd come to think of that night, the night of the rumble, the night of the Town Hall, as a turning point. 

Riverdale would no longer be the town with pep. From now on, it would be known as the town that dreaded sundown.