31

Nathaniel's POV

"So, you know that girl I was telling you about? Well, she's getting married in a few months. And I'm happy for her, I really am. I just — I just wish it was me. I wish she loved ... me," Nathaniel sighed.

His therapist wrote something down, "So, you're in love with a girl who is pregnant and engaged and are letting her live with you?"

"I know it's weird. Because everytime I see her, I feel my heart being ripped out. There's a smile on her face that only he can give her. And then him, he's perfect. He's very attractive, all the girls want him, he's got a great personality, and he's famous. How was I to compete? I realize now though that I can't and shouldn't. Adrien makes her happy and all I ever want is for her to be happy. But sometimes I just want to go back in time before Adrien showed up and just tell Marinette that I love her. But I can't. And I never will be able to," He put his face in his hands.

"Don't worry, Nathaniel. You'll find the one, eventually," His therapist smiled.

"You don't understand. She is the one, I'm just not hers," Nathaniel stood up, "I better head out. Adrien needs help with convincing Marinette to move in with him."

"Nathaniel, I'm sorry. I know losing your first love is a horrible feeling," His therapist stood as well.

"Yeah well, as long as she's happy," He smiled weakly and left the small office.

He drove home in silence. Small sobs racking his body as he pulled into the driveway. "Fuck," He banged his head on the steering wheel, "Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

He got out of the car, wiping his eyes and going inside, "I'm home!"

"Nathaniel! I was telling Adrien how Corpse Bride is better than Coraline, don't you agree?" Marinette smiled, walking into the living room.

"It's not even Halloween yet, why are we discussing halloween movies?" Nathaniel chuckled.

"Because why not?" Marinette giggled.

"Well, both of you are wrong. The Nightmare Before Christmas is the best," Nathaniel replied.

Marinette scoffed playfully, "As if!"

"I think I agree with Nath on this," Adrien entered the living room as well as the conversation, "It's a Halloween movie AND a Christmas movie."

"Oh, whatever," Marinette slumped in her seat, "You both are annoying."

"Is that anyway to treat the one housing you?" Nathaniel pouted.

"I guess not," She rolled her eyes, "Welp, Adrien and I are out of here. We're going on a date."

Nathaniel's smile faded, "Oh, okay. Have fun you guys."

"Thanks, Nath. See you later," Marinette kissed his cheek and grabbed her jacket, leaving the house holding Adrien's hand.

Once the two had left, he kicked the couch, "Fuck!"