Chapter Seventy Two - Zoldeo

The beginning of X776 started out pretty slow. I spent time looking for the Oracion Seis as more and more birthdays passed. Jellal was eleven now, and Reedus was nineteen while Ur was twenty nine.

Brandish's ninth birthday passed, and a few days later, Yukino turned three.

While I made some time for each of the birthday kids, I was, as I said, spending time trying to find the Oracion Seis. My locating magic was blocked, once again (fucking Brain), and Cana's cards did nothing to help.

I did, however, manage to locate a member of another dark guild.

"Laxus, I need your help," I said to him.

"Do you need our help, too?" Jellal asked, immediately volunteering.

I shook my head, messing with his hair. Luckily, despite my small size, I was still a few inches taller than him. "Nah, Laxus is the only one who qualifies. Well…" I turned to look at a spirit. "Loke, you going to be helpful, or not?"

"Depends," he said. "What are we doing?"

"Zoldeo," I said.

His eyes darkened, and his fists tightened. "Let me get Corvus. Take my key with you, we'll meet you there."

And then he faded back to the Celestial Spirit Realm.

Laxus's eyes were wide. "This is serious enough that they'll get along?"

I nodded.

He nodded back. "Let's get going, then."

"Good luck," Erza said.

"Thanks," I replied.

We were probably going to need it.

*****

I totally fucking called it.

I knew we were going to need that luck, and we did.

We started out well enough.

….Okay. That's a lie.

Everything went horrible right from the start.

I'm not quite sure how Zoldeo recognized me by sight, but he immediately started fighting.

Capricorn hasn't returned to the Celestial World in several years (he couldn't, being fused with Zoldeo), so he couldn't have learned things that way (at least I think that's how the previous timeline knowledge carried over).

Though, with how my luck has been, it's probably been Brain. He's been a constant pain in the ass, and dark guilds do have an alliance…so it's not surprising that he might've warned them about me, at the very least.

Piece of shit.

"Get down!" I yelled, tackling Laxus.

"Is that a goat?" Laxus asked.

"No," Corvus said, appearing next to me from the shadows. Loke came out on his own. "He's a Celestial Spirit that's been possessed by a human."