3

JAY POV CONTINUED

She curls into me and hides her face. I can sense she's crying. "Jay. I didn't say anything!" She says mumbling. "I just ran away because I didn't know what to do!" "Mal, it's alright. I'm sure everything will be fine." I say. "No it won't!" She replies. 

"I really want to say yes, but, but I can't!" "And why do you say that?" I ask. Mal sighs and she plays with my hand."Jay Jay, you know we can't. They haven't found the real rulers yet." Mal says. "I know Mal. I wish we weren't in this situation." I say. She nods and says, "Jay Jay, what should do?" "Mal, you do whatever you feel is right." I say. She smiles her signature grin at me, and says, "Thanks Jay." 

EVIE POV

"Eve! What was that for?" I exclaim. "C, don't give me that load of garbage. You perfectly know what that was for. Mal and Jay have been best friends since day 1 of meeting each other." I say. "Alright." Carlos says. A knock comes from the door and Carlos goes to answer it. "It's Ben!" He cries. "What do we do?" He asks worriedly. 

"Don't tell him anything except basic information that anyone could give." I say. He nods and opens the door. "Hi Ben what's up?" Carlos says casually. "I was wondering what's going on with you three? I haven't seen any of you for the past few days and I was wondering if something was going on." Ben says. "Well Mal's been sick. We've been taking care of her. She's upstairs resting." Carlos says. "By herself?" Ben says worriedly. "No. Jay's with her." I say. 

"WHAT?" Ben screams. "Hey don't worry! They aren't doing anything wrong! He's just making sure she doesn't die or anything while she sleeps!" Carlos says. "Can I see her?" Ben asks. "You probably shouldn't Ben. Mal would feel guilty if she got you sick." I say. 

Carlos nods. "We closed up this building because we don't want anyone else to be sick." "Okay. Can you tell her I came by?" Ben says. Carlos and I nod. "Bye Evie. Bye Carlos." Ben says and walks to the limo and the limo drives away. 

I let out a breath, and Carlos turns towards me. He kisses me on the cheek and he says, "That was a close one." "Uh huh." I say. 

MAL POV

"Do you feel better now?" Jay asks me. I smile and nod. "I do. I also think I know what I'll say to Ben when I see him." "Good." Jay says as he adjusts my pillows so I'm sitting up. "Mal, we'll also figure out that Rulers of the Isle situation to. I have an idea to-" Jay stops talking as Evie and Carlos walk into the room with plates of food. 

Jay sits down on a chair next to me, and Evie and Carlos hand us each a bowl of noodles with cheese and spices on them. "Ben came by." Evie says. "What did he want or say?" I ask. "He asked us to tell you he came by." Carlos says. "Anything else?" I ask. "No." Evie says. 

I eat all of my noodles and then I think of something. "How come no one knows I'm sick until now?" I ask. "That would be our fault. We didn't tell anyone that you were sick, because, I guess we just didn't get around to telling anyone." Jay says. "Oh. Anyways, who cooked these noodles? These are delicous!" I say and Carlos blushes. 

BEAST POV

Ben seems really happy when he comes in for dinner that night. "Ben, did you find Mal?" I ask. "Yeah. She's at Carlos and Jay's pet clinic along with Evie. She's sick and they are taking care of her." Ben says. 

"Is she coming back?" Belle asks. "Hopefully soon." Ben says. He goes into his room to due his kingly duties. That's when the Mail arrives. It's just one letter this time, and it's for Mal. It's marked urgent. 

My wife picks it up, and she hands it to me. I start to get angry, and Belle put an arm on my shoulder. "Adam, this could be the chance to get her side of the story. We can't just accuse her without having any evidence." She says.