15: You're Like Family

Yoshimori: who are you?

Atora: hi. I'm atora.

Yoshimori: and tokine?

Tokine: I was asked along.

" And me!! Me!! " Tomine pushed apart of atora and tokine.

Yoshimori: Tomine.

Tomine: you don't hate me do you?

Yoshimori: no... I only dislike him.

Tomine laughed " as usual."
.
.
.
They sat down at the table inside the apartment.

Tokine: that's right. I haven't congratulated you for the marriage with masamori-san.

Tomine: it's nothing. I got a new fridge in our room though!! I never have to walk to the kitchen again!!

Tokine sweatdrops " yup. Your kind of dream."

Yoshimori: are you guys... Erm... Fine?

Tomine: of course.

Yoshimori: so... Why did you come?

Tomine: oh. It's not about me. It's atora. I just tagged along.

Atora: remember he almost broke his restrictions? I came here to test gen. If he fails, he'll have to return to yagyou and never be able to leave again.

Gen: I see...

Yoshimori: what?!! Tomine!! Can't you do something?

Tomine: I don't own yagyou. I can't make the decisions.

Yoshimori: you... Don't...?

She smiled " I don't. I work in heiwa tai. Another squad that is different from his. But if I could make the decision... I would never have sent you to karasumori. "

" Tomine..." Gen says with guilt and the feeling that he was a let down.

Tomine: I would have placed you by my side to work. Even if you did go out of control one day, at most you kill me.

" Tomine... " He looks to her with a grateful look. He never thought she would do that much just for him. Nobody ever thought to do that much for him other than the chief and atora. And... Of course her.

Tomine: it's kind of your fault you broke the rules, gen. They were rules set that you knew you had to abide. But you weren't wrong to do what you had to do. That's why I said you're better with me.

Gen: arigato Tomine. But you're right... I broke the rules...

Tomine: take the test. Pass it. Three of you.
___________________________________

The three passed the test barely. Atora had left already after the test. So Tomine came down from the building she was watching it from " good job. "

Yoshimori: see what were made of now?! Tell aniki that!!

Tomine: Hai Hai. As usual. Your unlimited powers are amazing.

Yoshimori: of course.

Tomine: and you're really accurate and fast. Tokine. You've become really strong now.

Tokine: really? Arigato!

Tomine:... Yup. I don't like this place. So annoying.

" Huh?" Yoshimori and tokine said.

Madarao: Tomine!! Any good food for me?

" Never forget you. " Tomine takes out two small ayakashi out and laid it on the floor " share it with hakubi."

Madarao: hmph. Why should I?

Hakubi: hey!!

" gen. I need to talk to you." Tomine transforms her legs into ayakashi legs where they turn into paw like ones. She jumps into trees. Gen follows.

Yoshimori: Tomine ... Is an ayakashi majiri?!!

Tokine: you don't know?

Yoshimori: no one ever told me!!

Tokine: oh... I guess that's because she never uses it on karasumori. I've never seen her use it anyway.
___________________________________

Tomine:  that ayakashi. He must be very strong.

Gen: ah. He is.

Tomine: I see... From your description in the report... I know who he is. Stay away from him if possible. He's not your level.

Gen: but chief gave me a mission.

Tomine: I don't want you to die. You will die if you fight him. He's not just any ayakashi. He thinks. It's not about pride for him. It's just fun. That's why, stay away. Don't engage him. Your priority is not karasumori. It's to protect yourself and your friends. Let them have karasumori. We can take it back if it comes to that.

Gen: but...

Tomine: gen. I'm pregnant.

Gen: erm... Congratulations.

Tomine: I have to worry enough for this troublesome thing inside me. I haven't told masa-chan... He seems really busy. Don't let me worry for you. Help me protect them... Yoshimori and tokine.

Gen: .... Hai.

Tomine sighs " be careful. "

Gen: Hai. Tomine... Why are you so caring to me?

Tomine: I answered that question before. You're a nice person being misunderstood and disliked. A lot like masa-chan.

Gen: is that so?

Tomine: um. I also think you of like my family. Be careful. Bye.

Gen: Hai. Arigato. Be careful. *Smiles*