Chapter 9: Second Date?

[Your POV]

I kissed him on the cheek, he kissed me on the lips... Is this what you call fair exchange? Oh don't fool yourself (Y/N). You weren't thinking clearly when you kissed his cheek and he clearly wasn't thinking when he kissed... Well you.

It sure is gonna be awkward between the two of us from now on. But maybe it would be easier to just ignore it and try to act natural for now.

I heard a knock at the door and when I opened it I saw Camus-san standing on the other sid. "Er... Hello (Y/N). I was just wondering if you'd like to go out for a cake or something today..." He mumbled.

"Um... Sure." I replied with a small smile, "I'll just get ready." I mumbled.

I took a huge breath inside my room and shrugged my jacket on before grabbing my purse then opening the door to Camus-san once more. "So... Which café are we going to?"

"I know a small one nearby. It's actually quite good. They serve good sweets." He said. "And um I would also like to discuss last night's... Mishap." Well he considered it a mishap, God help me?

When we arrived at the café placed and picked up our orders before we sat at a table near the window and simply stared into space for awhile before saying something, "So um... About last night?"

"Oh. Yes." He said, "It's just that... I wasn't myself when I er... Advanced onto you and I'm sorry." He bowed a sligtly and I smiled a little.

"No, no it's my fault. I didn't mean to kiss you on the cheek anyway. And well... I wasn't exactky thinking properly when I did it so you don't need to feel guilty over it." I reassured.

"Oh good. I was worried we would have to be awkward around each other and that wouldn't exactly be the kind of atmosphere I'd want to have around you of all people." He sighed in relief.

"Well now that that's done and over with. How's Alexander doing?" I asked.

"He's just fine. Though I don't think I'll be hiring any other servants to walk him soon." Suddenly the idea popped into my head.

"How about I walk him?" I offered, "He likes me anyway and I need the exercise."

"I remember offering you the same position in the kitchen." He looked at me with a slight sneer as I blushed a little bit.

"Reiji-kun kinda warned me about you treating people like servants. And well you sounded like you were trying to hire me at the time and I kinda got pissed." I mumbled.

"Ahh... Well I suppose I can forgive you this once. Anyway. I am getting quite full schedules these coming months so I won't have as much time to be around Alexander so I suppose I can accept your offer." He smiled.

"Well... Oh yeah don't you guys have to practice for that competition you're entering? Triple S?" I asked, "Reiji-kun had mentioned it yesterday."

"Tch, that Kotobuki. Anyways yes, but we have the routine down anyway. Would you like to hear the song?" He asked and pulled out his MP3 with earphones.

"Sure." I plugged in the earphones and listened to the song. After it had ended Camus-san looked at me as if expecting something, "If you want criticism it was a pretty good song." I said and he looked unsatisfied.

"Only good?" He asked.

"Well... It's been a few years since I've actually sung on stage myself so I don't know how the times have changed but I like the way you guys sing. Passionate. I mean, I listened to Poison Kiss that was amazing. But you made this song seem different from the others you've made." I shrugged.

"Well you're the first one to hear the final version of our song so keep it a secret OK? And you'll watch the competition won't you?" He asked, and I thought about it for a moment. I have gotten my moments reprieve for awhile now so why not see todays youths?

"Of course." I smiled. "I'm looking forward to see what kind of songs you guys put to the table."

"Great." He smiled back.

And that was how most of the conversation went. Smooth, flowing freely, we talked about almost everything that had happened to both of us in these past few years. How he came to Saotome Academy and why I left. He didn't pester for details which relaxed me alot, but what surprised me was the fact that we were able to talk as if we had been old friends considering the rough start we had.

"Hey... It's almost lunchtime." Camus-san pointed out.

"Oh yeah..." I mumbled, realizing how much time has passed.

"Do you want to eat out?" He asked with a small twinkle in his eyes.

"Are you suggesting an after date Mr. Permafrost?" I teased and he seemed to laugh, "This is our “date” after all." I said.

"My last name isn't Permafrost." He groaned, "I don't even have a last name ((let's pretend Nanami didn't give him the weird last name in the game lol))." Then he stood and offered his hand, "Instead of eating out we could go back and walk Alexander together." He suggested and I looked at him, trying to see if he has some kind of trick up his sleeve or whatever but he just sighs and then says, "If you don't want to..."

"No I want to!" I immediately interrupted and he smiled as we walked back to the academy.

"Of course you would." He chuckled and I punched his arm.

"That's not funny!" I exclaimed.

"Of course it isn't (Y/N)-chan." He teased.

"Oh so you're calling me (Y/N)-chan huh Myucchi??" He then looked at me surprised.

"Myucchi? That's a new one." He then laughed even more, "Even more silly thein Kotobuki's nickname for me. Haha!"

"Uwa your laugh is so loud Myucchi..." I mumbled under my breath.

"Eh, so you're sticking to it? (Y/N)-channn." He teased extending the n in the chan to annoy me and I smirked.

"Yup! Myucchi!" I then skipped towards the academy and ran inside, leaving him in my dust.

"Hey! Wait up!" He called but I was far too fast for him.

•••

A/N: So I'm sorry but I'm pausing my Hajime x Reader for awhile because of some issues with the next five chapters saving. I'll have to rewrite all of them :(

STAY IN LOVE REVOLUTIONARIES

~Mashiro