Guardian Angel (Itachi x Child! Reader)

Key:
S/he = She/ he

Itachi was walking with Kisame when he heard something peculiar. A cry of a child, a sweet and innocent child.

  The cry lurred him to the middle of a  forest. He found a woven basket that held a child no older than a month old. His slider fingers lifted the basked and he reached foe the precious child. The E/C eyes looked at him, begging for help. The child appeared to be starving and so Itachi held the child close to him.

"I'll take care of you," he vowed, "my child Y/N Uchiha."

. . .

  When he and Kisame returned to the base,  you were fast asleep in Itachi's arms. Kisame liked the idea of the child and more when Itachi said he would take care of you. The members stared wided-eyed when the infant was in Itachi's arms. Nonetheless Pein didn't care as long as Itachi did as he was told and Konan agreed to help take care of you since well, I doubt the others can breast feed. Be hilarious to watch though.

  Konan took you temporarily from Itachi and went to her room. She began to feed you and you drank everything she gave you. She whipped your mouth and smiled gently at you. She kissed your forehead and began to sing quietly to you. It was something she remembered that help a child fall asleep.

"Good night Y/N. Sleep well," she hummed as your innocent eyes closed slowly.  She returned you to Itachi who then took you to bed with him. He cradled you protectivly in his arms. For whatever the reason, he felt more protective over you then anything. Maybe even slightly more than Sasuke.

  The next morning Itachi woke up to a soft finger poking his cheek. His eyes fluttered open to see Y/N smiling brightly at him as s/he poked him. He smiled back and with his free hand he rubbed your head. The eyes you gave him was enough to melt his heart.

. . .

   After six months of having you everyone in the Akatsuki grew attached to you. Yes everyone including Pein and Kakuzu. Shocking right?

  Itachi walked in after his mission and awaited his daughter. Usually when he went on a mission Konan would watch you, but this time was different. She had went on a mission with Pein so he reluncatly left you with Deidara, Tobi, Kakuzu, and Hidan. Surely nothing went wrong. . . .

"Damn it brat stay still!" Itachi heard instantly wanting to kill Hidan for hearing the words. Itachi approached where he heard him and saw that Hidan was attempting to feed you. By now you could eat baby food.

"She doesn't like you," Itachi stated in a mocking tone.

"Shut the hell up Itachi! This brat is just difficult!" Hidan complained loudly. As your arms shot up in joy seeing your dad.

"Dadda!" This wasn't the first time you had said this. About two months ago you had said this when Itachi returned home from a mission.

"Hello Y/N," he smiled brightly at his daughter/son.

"I swear s/he's the only thing that makes him smile," Hidan muttered when he left giving you to Itachi. Itachi rolled his eyes and then looked at your beautiful face. You are his world. His only wish is that you grow strong and when he dies that someone will take care of his angel.

  Itachi took you to his room where he set you down on his bed and watched as you fell asleep. He thought to himself about how someone could willfully leave you to die. How? It's unimaginable. You of course are doing better now with the help of Konan, since she is the only female, and with Itachi's careful eyes.