-CHAPTER 41- Bonny and Clyde Divide, Part One

"Whoa! Killing? Easy. No, no, no. Nobody is killing anyone." I straightened my jaw out as I eyed Adoringly down. 

    "Then, if you're so intent on stopping me, stop me.

    "You little brat." I lunged my arm out at my opponent. 

    "Me? Huh! I can see the future, numb-skull. It's unfortunate for me to spoil things so quickly this early in the game, however, I fear that one of these love-birds is going to die tonight.

    "They don't have to. The black shape on the top of your forehead isn't a perfect form of clairvoyance and you know it!" 

    "Perhaps it isn't. Perhaps it is. I don't make the rules.

    "STOP!" I belted, lunging my arm out at Adoringly once more. The boy's eyes fell as I landed a scratch on his shoulder. "Hmph. I feel triumphant for- HAGHCK!" I put a hand to my throat as I saw the environment around me fade to blurry stills. 

    Adoringly, from what I could barely see, smiled. "Mhm. You haven't feasted upon the love of a human in so long. You're weak, denying your divine diet like this. I don't think you're impressing very much of anyone living such a morally high life. You might be faking everyone else snacking on potatoes and roast beef, but you're not a human, Gwyllomay. I know you've started to fancy them ever since you ran into that woman. Alexandra Yuliannos. She really saw something in that lusty heart of yours.

    "Shut up." My hands met the floor of the establishment, Adoringly's voice now distant and far. 

    "That woman, from what I saw, was so nice. She was so devoted and dedicated to the both of you. As human women are meant to be, of course. As all of us are meant to be, yet I find it so funny when human girls get all nurturing and cute with grown men like yourself.

    "Shut up!" I coughed more as my head spun. 

    I felt a tightness in my chest as the air in my lungs seemed to squeeze itself out, what little was left of it. 

    Grace was right. 

    I should've consumed upon her when she offered herself up so delicately before. Now, the only thing around me proved to be nothing other than the sound of the world running away. Adoringly's form faded out as I saw him approach Loup Noir. I wanted to stop him. There was a time when I so easily would subjugate Adoringly under my whim. My old kingdom used to flourish with my simple will. And now I was laying down on the floor of some mortal establishment, possibly breathing my last... breath. 

    Around me, I saw a bluish light and inhaled after a series of words which peeped, "Gwyllomay, the evergreen trees of this winter district remind me of our love.

     Those words tasted of cinnamon and warmth. Why did those words always replay themselves in my head whenever I felt- Whenever I felt out of place? I never really thought about how those words would come to leave such a strong impression on me after all these years. They had internalized themselves in my mind of their own volition. 

     Alexandra, I guess I might just come to see you after all, wherever you are. 

    I awoke, Daniel Smithwell standing over me. To the front of me, the sound of glass and wood breaking grew louder and louder. Coming more into focus, my vision climbed out of its once blurry encampment.