22 » So Close, Yet So Far

[EDITED]

Zayn

I sighed dreamily as I stared at Harry's photo in my phone. I took it when he was studying. He looked so cute with his bottom lip between teeth and his eyebrows scrunched in confusion that I just had to!

"What have you been looking at since the past 1 hour?" I heard Harry ask and I turned to him with a smile.

"That's a secret" I winked at him.

Harry just shook his head and sighed.

"I accept defeat" he pouted.

"Smile!" I chuckled and took a picture of him and he gasped.

"You didn't!" Harry gaped at me "You just didn't took a picture of me!"

"Oh, I did babe and let me tell you, you look like a duck in it" I laughed.

"Oh, you are going to regret it Malik" he growled and launched himself at me. I gasped in surprise as I was tackled to the floor by Harry.

Damn! That boy is strong! But I was able to roll us over so that I was now on top of him. I pinned his wrists above his head and I straddled his legs so that, he won't kick me. Believe me, his kicks hurt. Like hell.

"Let me go!" Harry hissed, trying to wiggle out of my strong grip.

I would've replied to him if I wasn't busy staring at the existence of a beautiful angel in front of me.

"Zayn?" he breathed out and stopped struggling, maybe noticing my intense stare at him. But I didn't look away. I couldn't...

Harry stared at me back with a slight blush. His eyes never leaving mine. I leant down, ever so slowly, afraid of Harry's reaction. My breathing was short and shallow and my hands were trembling.

Harry's eyes widened when he saw me leaning in and I freaked out internally. I was about to stop when Harry closed his eyes and started leaning up and my breathing hitched. There was only a few millimeters between us when-

When my phone rang. Both of us jumped apart, shocked and blushing.

"Uh, I'll pick it up" I mumbled, feeling dissapointed.

I spotted my phone lying on the phone and I picked it up. I groaned when I saw the picture of a blonde with brown eyes staring back at me.

"What is it, Jane?" I asked after picking up the call, annoyed as fuck and I could see Harry look down sadly. I frowned in confusion and gave him a side hug, smiling when he snuggled up to me.

"Woah, Woah, woah" Jane said from the other side of the line "What were you doing? Wanking off to a picture of Harry?"

"Jane..." I groaned, feeling my face heat up "No! I wasn't doing...that"

"Oh...is Harry anywhere near you?" Jane asked.

"Yeah" I mumbled, gently pecking Harry's forehead and Harry blushed.

"Can you put the phone on speaker please?"

"Sure" I shrugged and did as she told.

"Hey Harry! It's me Jane!"

"Hey" Harry mumbled.

"I know you don't like me, don't you dare argue! But I have something to tell you!" Jane chirped happily.

"What?" Harry asked, cocking his head to the side.

"I've to tell you guys something" Jane squealed.

"Me too?" Harry asked, sounding confused.

"Yes, you too! I've to tell this to Louis and Niall too!" Jane squealed again.

"Liam..." Jane paused dramatically "told me he loves me and now WE BOTH ARE TOGETHER OH MY GOD YESSSSSS!"

"That's great!" I grinned, feeling happy for one of my oldest friends.

"You like Liam?" Harry asked, dumbfounded.

"No, I love him! He told me this today and I nearly fainted, you know! He is just so amazing-"

"This happened today? And that wanker didn't tell me! Oh, he is in deep shit!" Harry growled before taking out his phone and dialing Liam's number.

"Zayn...?" Jane whispered "Is Harry still there?"

"No, he just stomped outside angrily. Such a cutie if you ask me" I smiled dreamily.

"Well...I am not asking so..." Jane paused a bit "Do you remember the deal?"

"The dea-Holy fuck! I forgot!"

"I knew you would" Jane said "So..."

"Jane, this doesn't count, okay? Liam proposed you, not the other way around!"

"When did the deal became of who proposed who! The deal was that I'd tell Liam how I feel about him and I did! Now it's your turn!"

"Well, we almost kissed before you called"

"Holy shit! You did?!" Jane gasped "Well, I called at the wrong time then!"

"You did" I grumbled, pouting slightly. I was so close in tasting those amazing, soft-looking lips against mine.

"Ugh, Liam is calling me, Zayn. Gotta go!" Jane said, just as the dorm room door opened and Harry stepped in.

"Okay, bye!" I hung up and smiled up at Harry who smiled back.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked, getting up and stretching up a bit.

"Sure" Harry shrugged "I can't see why not"

"Well, I hope you could handle a horror movie" I teased.

"Of course, I could, mister!" Harry glared at me playfully but smiled nonetheless before turning around and walking over to his bed.

I stared at his perky bum. It looked so fuckable, I could take him Harry right then and there.

"Zayn?" Harry looked over his shoulder suddenly and rolled his eyes when he caught me staring at his ass, red handed.

"Nothing" Harry said and I blushed a deep red.

I have to tell him how I feel about him now, but I am too scared. I mean, we almost kissed but he didn't bring that up. Well, neither did I but...He closed his eyes, didn't he? He leant in, didn't he? That must have meant something. God, I hope so.