1

| Four Years Later |

"Alion44, are you on that firewall? I feel like I'm masturbating here, why am I doing all the work? SkyFly, still waiting for you to unlock the fourth level, this isn't flappy bird, you can do it. Stop boring me."

I sipped on my BigGulp and let my eyes glide over the screen, watching the multiple different boxes I had opened. They blinked and rolled with encrypted numbers, my program tearing them apart and turning their firewalls and security programs into sudokus. A new box pop up and turned my eyes to it.

"Sky, come on, pay a little attention," I sighed and dealt with the tracker my program caught before we all went to jail. "You nearly got us on starchy food for 25 years to life."

"I'm sorry, man, I'm doing my best!"

I rolled my eyes and slurped on my drink again. Sugar at 7am in the morning perhaps wasn't one of my best life decisions, but it woke me up enough to deal with the candidates I was currently interviewing for my project. I had always believed in practical testing rather than theoretical.

Adjusting my headset, I picked up my grilled cheese sandwich and took a bite. Through chewing, I noticed another little warning on my screen pop up and rolled my eyes again. Fucking amateurs. "Guys, do I need to go over the fundamental principles of hacking and coding with you? You see, children, sometimes when 1's and 0's love each other very much—"

"Shut up, asshole!"

Smirking, I leaned back into my chair. "You have two minutes to get me there before I fake my orgasm and call it a night. Well, morning, since it's—"

"Caleb!"

A hard bang made the door to my room fly open. Glancing over my shoulder, I sighed. I turned my eyes back to my screen, only to abruptly feel my headset get yanked off my head.

"You sis is blasting music again. Get your ass out and tell her to turn it down before the neighbors come over and realize we aren't Mr and Mrs fucking Domestic."

"I don't know, man. I think you could pull off Mrs Domestic if you showed off your calfs a bit and—"

His hand smacked me upside over the back of my head before I could finish. "Go take care of your fucking sister."

"Okay, daddy."

The door slammed behind me so hard the hinges protested. I laughed to myself, knowing full and well that shit was gonna get me pulped. Eli's temper had always been on the shorter end...

Sighing, I pulled the headphones back up and adjusted the mic, cracking my neck. It was time to end this game.

"Time's up, guys," I smirked lazily when I heard them protest and howl for another chance. No such thing when you were playing with the best. "Ceynius out."

~~~

Pushing against the door, I stuck my head inside my sister's room and melted into a complete pantsy.

She was sitting on the floor with her Disney coloring book, filling in some drawing of the little mermaid on a rock. It looked like Ariel had opted for purple hair today. The raging boombox that played full blast stood right next to my little sis and vibrated on the floor, cranking her current favorite album by Muse. Any normal little girl (or just human in general) would've cringed at the loudness and the closeness of the stereo. But not my girl.

Smiling like a fool, I crouched down in front of my baby sister and snapped my finger in front of her nose. She immediately looked up and gave me a toothy grin.