4

If anyone were to find me this very moment, they would arrest me as a class A stalker.

Squatting on the ground behind a few shrubs, binoculars in hand and a backpack swaddled betwixt my legs, I could only imagine how creepy I looked. I was somewhat off property of the Alexandrettia in a place that allowed me to peak through the large glass doors of the school, where in just a few minutes, I hoped to see my prey come out, oblivious to the predator waiting for her.

Man. I needed to reevaluate my life a bit.

... You know what? Fuck it, I was awesome and I was here for a fun time, not a long time. I was fine. Everything was fine.

My everlasting shitty luck ran out on me the moment I spotted the first sight of blue in the doorway through my binoculars. I cursed lowly as I saw the smurf-girl was in the company of one of her friends. One of the ones from her photos. They were talking in the hall and I couldn't tell about what. Blow me.

I packed up my binoculars and slung my bag up on my shoulder as I carefully moved closer. Time for a new strategy. I managed to sneak around the parking lot and slither up the side of the building, out of sight for the surveillance cameras. I stayed hidden and took off my backpack, hiding it away in a crevice between two large dumpsters (heyo). And now, we waited.

My theory was that one of them would come this way seen as there weren't many options for cars and one was parked right here. I had hoped the first one out would be her; The blue-haired smurf-girl with all the piercings who had bugged my laptop, but no. I had planned everything in my head, what I wanted to say, but of course my goddamn luck betrayed me again as I jumped out and grabbed the person coming my way the second I heard footsteps.

Fucking green luck. I think maybe I had smoked mine away.

Her name was Mia, and the first word out of her mouth had been Caleb. My fucking name. She was the smurf-girl's friend and she knew Eli, which meant she wasn't a pawn for the bad people. If she went to the Alexandrettia with the blue-haired girl, then she had obviously seen Eli working the halls with his mop. Why hold off blowing the whistle if she already knew where and who he was?

But that was the thing. I pretty quickly realized she didn't know who he really was; Who was after him and what they wanted from him.

What I did discover pretty quickly though, was that Eli was boning this poor girl. Trust him to befriend a blonde with great tits and a face like a Barbie doll while hiding from the fucking government. Priorities always in full fucking check.

She seemed like a nice girl, though. A clear product of her rich upbringing, but nice. She seemed genuinely concerned about Eli, if going by how she had opened her home for him and my sister and allowed them to stay with her. She wanted to help him, but didn't know how, just like me. Though hers was mostly on account of not knowing exactly what she was dealing with. I sure as hell wasn't gonna tell her. Look where knowing got me.

So my epic James Bond night didn't go as planned at all, but I did get something useful out of it. I realized this Mia girl could be just what my plan needed. Or rather, her friend the smurf was. It was the perfect scenario.

Mia herself was too close to Eli, you see. If I went through her to Eli and got caught linking with her, they would check her out and try and find out why I was interested in her. I would lead them straight to him if I stayed in touch with Mia.