2nd Part

Part dos.

Also, I know that the last chapter was more in third person, but I decided to change it up and do first person pov.

Word count: 967
***********************************
Josh's POV-

As soon as I see Sean walking towards me, I begin to blush. Especially because he looks so cute when he's determined. It doesn't take him long to get over to my locker, since he's basically power walking.

"Hey, Josh. What's been happening?" He asks as he reaches me. It takes me a bit to regain my posture after staring holes into him.

"Uh, yeah, hey, uh, hi, um, Sean." I stutter out, mentally facepalming. "Yeah, nothing much, you know. Just having a rough day is all."

He gives me a look as if he's trying hard to read my mind. He's looking at me so intently that I begin to feel my cheeks burning. He blushes a little, too, but it's barely noticeable. He then awkwardly clears his throat.

"Josh, you know you can talk to me about anything, right?" He says suddenly. "I mean," he says, pointing at my shirt and tousled hair. "It's kind of obvious that you're not having such a hot day." After that he gives me a little smirk that always makes my heart flutter.

I grab his shoulders so he knows I'm sincere. I feel him tense up, but I manage to keep my grip firm.

"Sean, I know, and I'm fine." I tell him. "I have been having a rough day, but I'm doing fine. Thank you, though. I'm glad you care." That last part was more me mumbling my thoughts out loud, though, I'm sure he didn't know was I was saying.

We smile genuinely at each other as the bell rings, signaling the start of homeroom. We walk there together and get ready for the day.

*time skip bc school is boring*

Sean's POV-

I come out of the locker room from gym 8th period. My team had won the flag football tournament, so I'm in a relatively good mood. It's also the end of the day, so I have some extra happiness in me. But that soon changes when I see Audrey Treger talking to Josh at his locker.

Audrey has had a crush on Josh ever since he broke up with his old girlfriend, Danielle. She always tries to flirt with him whenever she gets a chance, which she just so happens to have now. Almost everyone has cleared the hallway by now, which means it's the perfect opportunity for her to strike. Everyone else was most likely trying to catch their bus, but Josh and I walk together, so we're fine.

I'm especially mad because I was planning to ask Josh to go to the football game with me. Even though it just so happens to be the homecoming game. I'm planning to tell him how I feel, so I'm already on edge enough without Audrey.

I storm over there and stand right behind Audrey, arms crossed. Behind her, I see Josh look at me with wide, thankful eyes. The thought of me saving him makes me giddy inside, especially since in all of my fantasies, Josh is dominant. Nice to change things up.

Audrey stops talking and follows Josh's gaze, until her eyes land on me.

Oh, I forgot to say one thing; Audrey knows about my crush on him. Her and I used to be best friends, until I told her I was bisexual, and about my crush on Josh. She got pissed because she had a crush on him, too. She threatened to tell everyone about me being bi and my crush on Josh if I got in the way.

As she looks at me, she has a sly smirk on her face.

"Oh, hello, Sean." She says rudely, putting extra emphasis on my name. "Did you need something?"

Josh is now looking at me with pleading eyes.

I return the sly grin and shrug. "Sorry, Audrey, if interrupted," I say, putting equal emphasis on her name. "But you just so happen to be in front of my locker." Her grin turns into a scowl as she rolls her eyes and steps out of the way.

I open my locker and gather my stuff into my backpack. As I do, I hear Audrey start to talk to Josh again.

"So, anyway, are we on for tonight?" She asks, twirling her hair with one finger, and leaning towards Josh.

"I-uh-I mean I'd love to, but I-" He starts to stutter, but I interrupt him, having my bag packed and ready to go.

"I was actually going to be driving him there. Sorry, but maybe we'll see you there." I then give her the fakest smile ever, as her face turns as red as a cherry. I then turn around and begin to walk away, Josh close behind. When we are out of ear shot, he begins to thank me.

"Thank you so much, man. I didn't know what to do. You literally saved me." Josh says. I blush a little at him saying I "saved him".

"No problem," I say, looking over at him and smiling. "That's what friends are for, right?" After I finish, I see his smile drop a little, but it's barely noticeable. He soon brings back his usual grin, and looks away with a pink tinge on his cheeks.

"Yeah, sure. That's what... friends... do." He says in a weird way. The rest of the trip is in between an awkward and comfortable silence. Once we reach Josh's house, we stop. I turn to Josh.

"Well, I guess I'll pick you up at 5:30?" I ask.

"Sounds like a plan." He replies with a smile. As he walks back to his house, I sigh and begin walking home.

Josh's POV-

I walk into my house, look out the screen door, and can't help myself from looking at Sean's ass as he walks away.