Chapter 5: Unleash the Sled!

Sid placed his now finished sled on a snowy slope as Manny watched with a small red and black striped ferret kit on his head named Kiko " Where's Tackle? He's been really excited to ride the sled" the ferret slid down on Manny's truck and landed on the ground "He went to find his parents but don't worry he'll be here" The mammoth reassured him as the kit got on the sled sniffing it curiously "Whoa whoa whoa! Careful or you might tip this thing to move" Buck appeared out of the sled pushing the ferret out gently.

"RAWR!" Tackle came zooming out of the bushes and pounced on his ferret friend on the sled, the sled started tilting to the slope "No!" Sid and Manny yelled out as Sid grabbed the sled while Manny wrapped his trunk around his waist to pull him "Hi Kiko!" "Hey Tackle!" the cubs did their best friend high five. "Wow! Is this the sled? It's awesome!" Tackle said as he leaned at the front of the edge of the sled making it tip closer.  "Be careful up there sweeties you'll hurt yourselves" Brook yelled out, the female sloth all the way down from the hill with the other mammoths.

Diego and Shira joined by their sides "Hey have you guys seen Tackle?" Diego asked and everyone pointed up. The saber's ears fell down "Oh no" "Aaah!"

Manny lost hold on Sid and now the sled was loose...and going fast! "Aaah!" "Wheeee!" Sid screamed as the sled dragged him down but Tackle and Kiko just squealed excited " Tackle rocks ahead!" Ferry told him as some obstacles were in front of them " hang on!" the cub leaned his weight on the sled making it go right to avoid a rock and leaning in different directions while Sid clunged on the sled "Pewt!" Sid spat out snow and grass after he got a mouthful from it " I think I ate some yellow snow" the sloth said grossed out and earning a laugh from the two kits " Uncle Sid you're so funny....gasp!"

Tackle gasped upon seeing a rock larger than the other ones they avoided "Kiko lean with me! On the right!" He told his friend who grew wide eye at what's coming "hang on uncle Sid!" "what?" Sid couldn't hear with all the snow flying on his face from the sled "Now!" Tackle yelled as Ferry and himself put all their weight on the right side of the sled directing it away from the rock but Sid wound up hitting his side on the rock and let go of the sled "Whoooooaaa!" Tackle and Ferry held on as the sled spinned uncontrollably, Manny got down from the hill and joined the others.

"Hang on you two!" Buck called out as he slid down on the hill using a vine to fling himself on the sled and manage to stop the sled spinning by throwing the vine on a tree and turned the sled bringing it back to the straight pace it was before...but that didn't stop it from going. Buck looked at the right side of the sled, his ears perked up when spotting a log in front of them " hang on you two cause this is gonna be sudden!" Buck pulled the front of the sled up a bit to prevent the cubs from getting hurt."Oh boy this is gonna be intense" Julian told Peaches with some excitement and worry in his voice.

The sled hit the log, Buck only manage to grab Ferry but Tackle wound up flying off the sled "Tackle!" Diego yelled in shock before Manny quickly ran to where the cub was going " I'm coming Tackle!" Manny had his trunk out trying to catch the cub but Scrat was underneath the mammoth trying to get his acorn back only for Manny to step on him and slip. "Whoa!Oof!" The mammoth fell on the ground and Tackle was heading to the ground fast. As fast as he could think on his feet, Diego leaped on top of Manny and jumped up catching his son in his mouth.

"Whoa that was...awesome! Can we do it again?" Tackle asked his father who just sighed in relief that his son was alright, ever since Tackle was born Diego just wanted to be a good father which also meant keeping his son safe including when there's numerous possible dangers for a saber cub. Sid finally came down with grass sticking on his fur before plopping on the ground "Sydney are you alright sweetheart?" Brooke knelt down to her husband "Yeah on the bright side the sled works"