Thoughts From The Past

Tanzanite

"Pyrope! Tanzanite! I have some gems I want you to meet!"

We both look towards Steven, alarmed. Once we realize that nothing dangerous is going on, we relax and stand.

"There are other gems?" I ask him, and he nods, walking over to the warp pad.

"Yeah, I think you two will like them. The others should be coming too."

Just as he finishes his sentence, the rest of the Crystal gems come walking in. Pyrope takes my hand and we all start walking over to the warp pad, taking us to wherever these mysterious gems are.

《《《 Tiny Time Skip》》》

Pyrope holds my hand as we walk to where Steven says the gems are. Pyrope and I stay behind the others, walking at a slower pace and enjoying the scenery. We soon get close to a wooden building, with many objects portruding from the walls.

"You guys stay here, I'm gonna go get them!" Steven tells us and the gems, running into the building.

Garnet looks back at us, while Pearl and Amethyst start to talk, and I walk over to her.

"Sorry for the scene that went on earlier..." I start, not knowing what to say next.

"Don't worry, it's okay." Garnet replies with a smile. "You two made up, I see."

I smile, looking over at Pyrope, who was talking to Amethyst.

"We did, it was really my fault though, but I'm going to try to be better."

"Tanzanite," The tone of her voice make me look back towards her, knowing that she's serious. "It wasn't only your fault. You can't blame everything on yourself."

I nod, and before I can say anything, Steven comes running back with two gems hiding behind him.

"Pyrope, Tanzanite, I would like you to meet, " Steven does a cute presentation and from behind him, a small green gem emerges. "Peridot!"

She looks at us quizingly, almost like she's studying our appearence. Finally, after a brief moment she nods to herself and says, "Hello."

I shoot a questioning glance towards Pyrope and she decides to speak for us.

"Hi Peridot, Steven's probably told you, but I'm Pyrope and this is Tanzanite."

I smile and say a quick, "Nice to meet you."

Steven grins, eager to introduce the next gem, and says, "And this is-"

Before he can finish, she steps out from behind him and I instantly recognize her face.

Flashback☆

I look towards the floating screens above my desk, finding the next gem's profile. A Lapis Lazuli. She was new, well younger than me, and she didn't seem to have anything that could upset her.

A knock sounds from the door of my office and I quickly stand. Walking over to the door, I hear some sniffling, and get worried. When I finally open the door, I find a blue gem, looking just as she did in the profile.

"Lapis Lazuli, please, come in." I say, closing the door behind her. I watch as she chooses the softest chair in the room, the best one, in my opinion. She isn't truly crying, but I can tell that something is wrong.

Walking over to the seat across from hers, I sit and try to judge her personality before speaking.

"Lapis, what is bothering you?" I say, "And before you try to say 'nothing', I know something is wrong."