Five Years Later- Shi(Death) Forest

Red eyes peered from the darkness of the forest. The woods, known only as Shi Forest, were always dark and damp, even in daylight from the dense canopy of leaves that erupted from the thick rows of trees. The eyes belonged to a boy of fifteen. After searching the area, the boy stepped into the small amount of light that lit the clearing up. The boy had long, shoulder-length purple hair in a ponytail and pale, white skin. He opened his mouth, revealing two teeth that were sharper than the others. He ran his tongue over the two fang-like appendages, gripping a dagger in his left hand. The boy wore simple clothing, a long sleeved white shirt under a black tunic, both ripped, hole covered, and dirty. Bloody, dirt-covered bandages wrapped around split knuckles and bare feet punctured from the thousands of brambles and thorns that littered the woods. He hadn't had shoes in about three years, since the pair he'd had had gotten too small and ripped to use. His name was Shadow, and he had a purpose for wandering this part of the woods. He usually stayed close to the edge, as far from the old Hyrule  villiage as possible, but he had heard of four people looking for Princess Zelda, who had been kidnapped. The princess. Hmph. 
Shadow'd never liked royalty.
His memories of his childhood were few and blurry. 
Every so often, the face of a ten year old would breach his dreams, face framed with curly honey golden hair. Shadow could remember a name briefly before it sunk back into the depths of his mind. 
Something to do with a V? Well, it didn't matter anyhow. 
All of these thoughts raced through Shadow's mind as he climbed down from the tree in which he had been sleeping. He stretched his arms and searched his eyes around the dense, foggy forest. It was humid as all Hyrule in the forest, but he was used to it. Shadow clicked his tongue once he knew the coast was clear and started to put his hair up, as he did every morning. Just as he was finished, loud footsteps made him jump backwards. He climbed up the tree, which was a pretty impressive feat to do backwards, if he did say so himself.
Which he did.
Shadow pressed himself against the trunk of the tree, blending himself in with the shadows until only his eyes showed. 
A few seconds later, four people broke through the brush. They all wore different colors. The shortest wore red. The tallest wore green. The second shortest was clad in blue, and the second tallest was in purple. The one in green and the one in blue were arguing somewhat intently. They all had the same pale-blonde hair, but for the one in purple, who's hair was honey golden. The red one's face was round and chubby. His features were lazy and smudgy. He was the chubbiest out of the group, but he was in no way fat. He seemed to be the baby of the group, and he was smiling contentedly. 
The green one's face was hard and soft at the same time. His features were more defined and outlined in the murky light of the forest. He was skinny, but not too skinny. His hand rested on the hilt of a sword that hung at his side as he argued with the one dressed in blue.
The one in blue had very sharp features. A sharp chin, sharp down-turned eyes, and a pointed, upturned nose. His hair was flattened to his forehead from the humidity. He was clearly annoyed with the green one. They were both gesturing wildly.
The purple-clad boy was the one that drew Shadow's eyes the most. His oval-shaped face was adorned with soft, beautiful features. Big, bright blue doe eyes. A soft, sort-of-but-not-quite-flattened nose, and a stubby nose. Crooked glasses framed with golden wire rested on his nose.
He looked incredibly bored and tired of the antics of the two color-clad boys next to him.
Shadow couldn't exactly place it, but the violet-dressed boy looked familiar. 
He decided to tune into their conversation.
"-That's what I said, Blue!" Ah, so that was the name of the blue one. Ironic, really. 
"uh, does it really look like I care, Green?" Green? Why were those their names? Well, his name was Shadow, so he couldn't very well talk. 
Green threw his hands up in the air and turned to the purple- and red-dressed teens.
"Vio! Red! Back me up here!" He said. Vio, if that was his name, gave a small smile. Red beamed. 
Shadow recoiled. Why was that smile so familiar? 
Shadow found himself leaning forwards, but thankfully stopped himself before tumbling out of the tree. Positioned like he was, holding on with one hand and feet pressed against the trunk, Shadow had a perfect view of the backs of their heads... and the front of Blue's. Unfortunately for him, Blue saw Shadow before he could right himself. 
"Hey! Who's that!" Blue pointed straight up, right where Shadow resided. The shadow cursed and dropped from the tree, landing a few feet from where the four stood, weapons raised. Shadow lifted his dagger, planting his feet in a defensive stance. "
"Try me." His voice sounded foreign and weird to him. Well, it was. He had stopped trying to talk to anything after the first year in the forest. 
What Vio himself saw was someone who looked familiar. Purple hair held back in a ponytail. Dirty, ripped clothing. Grimy features. Bandages wrapping his feet and hands. But he was still one of the most beautiful people Vio'd ever seen. 
Green took a step forwards, to which Shadow reacted by raising his knife higher. Green put his hands up in a surrendering gesture. He stalked another step closer. 
"What do you want?" Shadow demanded.
"What were you doing, watching us?" Blue demanded of Shadow. 
"Blue!" Green hissed. "Shut up!"
Shadow lowered his knife slightly.
"What are you doing in my forest?" He asked. 
"What do you mean your forest? This forest belongs to Hyrule!"  Blue's eyes narrowed. 
Shadow rolled his eyes.
"Nah, dipshit, I totally didn't know that. Now, what the hell are you doing in my part of the forest?" Green cringed at each swear that left Shadow's mouth.
"We're on a quest to save the Princess Zelda." Red chimed in.
"And why are you going through the forest?"
"Why are you asking so many questions?"
"Because I can, Blue." 
Green narrowed his eyes.
"How do you know our names?" He demanded. 
Shadow grinned and tapped his ears.
"Eavesdropping, remember?" 
Shadow walked through the four, who parted around him like the red sea, and hoisted himself into the lowest branch of a tree.
"Alright. Explain what happened to the Princess."