Chapter 2: What is the Truth? And why are there Ideals?

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I'm back to write chapter 2. I know it's been a little while since I wrote chapter 1, but I had to finish up some stuff for school first (reading a 600-page book in about a week or less really gives no time to do anything else surprisingly). I'm finally done with that though and I'm ready to get back into this.

I probably won't be able to get one out this week because I have SATs coming up. I can try, but just a word of warning.

Also, I kind of had to start a new Pokémon White game because I don't exactly remember the full story and I don't want to look up let's plays or walkthroughs cause they all kind of tend to ramble on or do unnecessary things. So that may take up a little bit of time.

The reason I'm saying all this, by the way, is because I want to send upload a new chapter at least by every week if I can so that I know I'll be able to finish this by hopefully the time I graduate.

Last chapter was all mainly introduction to Touko, so I'll try to do more detail into describing Touya, Bianca, and Cheren in this chapter and maybe some other characters as well.

Anyways, I shouldn't keep the author's note too long so I'll put the rest of my thoughts at the bottom. Let's jump right into this everyone. Thanks for waiting and enjoy my rusty efforts at fanfiction writing.

Disclaimer: *disclaims about not owning Pokémon*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing Chess

Chapter Two: What is the Truth? And why are there Ideals?

As Touko, Touya, Cheren, and Bianca all stepped out onto the breezy route at the same time, each one of them turned to each other and gave one another a friendly, satisfactory smile.

"OH. MY. ARCEUS. We have o-ficc-ia-lly started our journey together!" Bianca exclaimed with a smile so big you'd think it'd cover up her whole face.

"And now our true challenges await. Let's not keep them waiting." Cheren said with a smirk for the desire of what to learn out on his journey as he perked up his glasses.

"I think you should learn how to actually catch Pokémon first." Touya pointed out as Cheren tried to act so calm and cool.

"Says the guy who isn't used to battling." Touko teasingly said to Touya.

"Well how about you go on ahead and meet up with the Professor if you're such an "expert" at battling Ms. Woke up too late to get her Pokémon." Touya teasingly claimed back to Touko.

The two brown-haired children glared at each other while gritting their teeth; it was almost as if there was thunder striking between their expressions. It was clear as day that a rivalry had formed.

"Would you two please stop acting like children? You both have the expression of a Darmanitan right now." Cheren shook his head in disappointment at the two.

"Oh, please Cheren, don't try to look down on us when you were the one who thought Cinccino was actually Cappuccino." Touya smirked to Cheren.

Touko began to chuckle uncontrollably. "He actually thought a coffee was a Pokémon?" Her chuckles almost instantly turned into bright laughter as Touya began to join her.

Cheren folded his arms in an attempt to ignore to two brown-haired "annoyances" that he called them as of the moment. He simply just perked up his glasses and turned around, facing the direction of the rest of the route. "Whenever you two are done bickering, meet Bianca and me at where the Professor is holding the demonstration. Let's go Bianca." Cheren waved his hand over to him, signaling for Bianca to come and follow him.