Chapter 4

- Erik -

I sit up, glancing down at my iPhone, it's eleven in the morning, I am so bored. I decide to head over to Jessica's house to thank her for last night, once I got to my rented place I could not stop thinking about her, she's so beautiful.

I close the door behind me, turning around I walk into someone, I am a head taller than the boy, 'Watch where you're going' he snaps, I glare at him.

'Why don't YOU watch where you're going' I growl, he looks shocked, ha!

'Listen mate, I don't know who you think you are but you're no one special so-' I cut him off

'Oh believe me, I am someone special'

Just as he is about to go on a rant Jessica's door is pulled open, she looks so beautiful. Her hair is up in a ponytail, she is wearing black knee high socks, black and white polka dot pajama shorts and a white t shirt... sexy.

'What's going on?' she yawns, I feel bad, our shouts must have woken her up.

'Nothing' the boy snaps, I glare at him. How dare he shout at her, wait... why do I care?

'Well it's clearly not nothing Mathew, what did you want?' she is clearly irritated. Mathew? She knows him? Is he her boyfriend? Her friend? Family? For some unknown reason, the thought of Mathew being Jessica's lover aggrivated me, I frown.

'I was just swinging by to say hello, but never mind' he rolls his eyes, 'I'll call you later'

With that, he shoots daggers my way before stomping off, I turn to Jessica who is already looking at me. 'I apologize on his behalf, would you like to come in?'

'Thank you' I step inside, it's rather homely, 'I was coming round to thank you, for yesterday'

'It's okay' she shrugs, I perch my self on a stool at the island, in the middle of her kitchen as she starts preparing two cups of coffee 'Sugar?'

'Two please' I nod 'So um, how do you know him?' I scratch the back of my neck.

'Mathew?' she asks, her back towards me, I nod even though she cannot see me, 'He's my brother, he lives an hour or two away'

'I see' I reply, releasing a breath that I did not even realize that I was holding. She turns aorund and sets a mug down in front of me, I thank her and take a sip, lovely. 'Are you close to your brother?'

'Yes, my mother died when I was three years old but I never knew my father' she shrugs, sighing.

'I'm sorry' I hang my head, I should not of asked, it's clearly a touchy subject for her.

Jessica shakes her head, 'Do not apologize, it's not your fault, what about you?'

'I have one sister and a mother, my father died a few years back' I say, she slowly nods.

'Are you close with your sister?'

'Not really, I'm not close with any of my family'

'Not even your mother?' her eyebrows raise, I shake my head. Certainly not my mother, the woman is the devil in disguise. However I do not say this out loud. 'How comes I have never seen you around before?'

'Well um, I moved here just recently' I lie, I feel bad lying but I cannot tell her my real identity, she might freak out. She might start treating me like the other people do, wanting attention and money. But at the back of my mind I know that she's not like that, I think I'm starting to like her. But I cannot help but doubt she likes me back , she thinks I am a player.

'Huh, funny' she says, I raise my head to see her reading a newspaper

'What?' I ask, she lowers it a little and reads out loud.

'CEO on the run' she reads the headline, I raise an eyebrow, urging her to carry on 'the CEO of Lander Enterprise, Erik Lander, hasn't been seen for two days, after his driver dropped him off at the main shopping center in Thorpe, he has not been spotted in his work place nor at home, where could he be?'

They noticed? That was fast, I cannot let them find me, but I guess I did a good job of disguising myself, no one has recognized me, not even Jessica. 'Where do you think he is?' I ask

She shrugs, 'Who knows, he could be anywhere'

'Are you worried?' I ask, holding back a smirk, she looks at me, confused.

'Why would I be worried? He's a fully grown man, he can take care of himself, and I don't even know him, he's probably busy, I doubt he's abroad' she explains, my smirk falls.

'How do you know he's not abroad?' I question

'Well they would of recognized him at the airport and paprazzi would have followed him there, but he can't be that far away, Thorpe is literally down the road, he lives here' she says, finishing off her coffee. 'What do you work as?'

The question caught me off guard, 'Me? Oh um... I work here and there, you know'

She nods slowly, 'I see'

'What do you plan on doing today?' I ask

Jessica shakes her head, 'I don't really have a plan, I do not have studies today'

'Want to go shopping?' I ask, she nods and I leave back to my flat, I cannot take out my card because she will see that I have an expensive card, I dig through my suit pocket and fish out a few hundred pounds in cash, this should be enough. I pulled on the same outfit that I had on when I first met her.

Jessica steps out of her apartment, she looks amazing wearing; blue skinny jeans, long sleeve blue denim shirt with a burgandy sweatshirt over the top, the words 'HIPSTER' written in white, the denim collars of the shirt underneath are pulled into view and to top it off she's wearing burgandy Dr. Martens, her hair is straight and held up in a half up, half down kind of way. Her nails are painted a cream color and she is holding a selma large black leather tote bag.

'Ready' she announces

'You look gorgoeus' I smile, she blushes and thanks me, leading the way.

I will be updating soon thank you all for your votes!