Prologue - Murderer

All had been well, thus far it had been a normal, albeit boring day. Edd wasn't exactly sure what he had expected to come home to, but it certainly wasn't this. The lights were off in every room, except the kitchen.

Warm, almost inviting yellow light spilled into the dark living room from the doorway to the kitchen. Dark shadows created the blocky shapes that were the couch, table and other living room furnishings. It was quiet, eerily quiet, which was strange. In a house with three other people though, especially when none of them got along all that well, it was strange to have everyone clustered in one, small, room.

"Hello?" Edd called, peaking around the corner into the kitchen.

What the short brunet saw would surely scar him for life. Tom lay crumpled on the floor, blue hoodie torn to shreds and blood slowly creeping out onto the floor around him. A gaping hole ran from the dead ashen brunet's hips all the way up to the base of his ribs, his guts spilled out across the once clean tile flooring, and the voids he called eyes were leaking what Edd thought to be an absurd amount of blood. On the far counter Tord's head lay separated from his body, blood caked his caramel colored hair, and trickled like a small waterfall from the base of his neck, off the counter, and onto the floor. The deceased Norwegian's body was splayed out next to Tom, a large heart carved into his chest, turning his red hoodie even darker than it was before.

It was a bloodied mess, and in the middle of it all stood Matt. In his hands a large kitchen knife. His lavender hoodie was caked in blood, as was his mint overcoat. An innocent smile played at the taller boy's lips. Edd shuddered, that smile would have been so normal in any other situation, but now it was only unsettling.

"Edd!" Matt chirped, stepping over Tom's body to stride up to the shocked and terrified boy.

He was too stunned to move, this was all too much, the metallic scent of iron flooded both the room and Edd's senses. "S-stay back" He "warned" in a feeble voice. Matt took a step forward, Edd took a step back, this repeated until the ginger had backed the trembling and crying brunet into a corner.

"Shh, shh," Matt soothed, "Its okay Edd, calm down my love," Edd's blood ran cold, Matt had never referred to him by anything even close to that before, "You're okay, I wouldn't hurt you." Matt vowed.

"T-Tom... T-Tord... Wh-what did you do to them?" Edd stammered, trying to press himself closer to the wall.

"Oh... Them." Matt hissed, voice flat and uncaring, a jarring shift from moments ago, "Well my darling... They were in the way. In the way of us." Matt snarled, looming over Edd's shaking form.

"Wh-what do you m-mean?" He asked meekly, refusing to meet Matt's cold gaze.

"I didn't like the way they looked at you. And Tom." Matt spat out Tom's name like it was the most vile thing on earth, "He was far too close to you. Always hugging you and ruffling your hair!" He growled, "He didn't deserve to touch you, neither of them even deserved to be near you."

Once more Edd's breath hitched as his blood ran cold. 'What is he talking about? Too close to me? Didn't deserve to be near me?' Thoughts raced through his mind, and Edd couldn't focus on one thing for more than a second at a time.

Shaking his head to clear his mind of the whirling wonders and assumptions, Edd felt a hand softly and slowly run through his hair. Looking up, his brown eyes met with the cold, dead blue of Matt's orbs.

"Aw, don't tell me you're scared if me, my sweet? That's okay, you'll learn" Matt crooned.

"B-but Tom, and-and Tord, you... You... They're-they're-" He stammered.

Edd was silenced by a soft rag being pressed against his mouth and nose, "Just sleep my darling." The ginger urged.

His struggle was short, as the chloroform soon began to do its work. Of all the horrible things Edd had seen and heard that day, the last words Matt whispered to him before he passed out were by far some of the worst; "They were only in the way of us, its okay Eddy Bear, they can't hurt you anymore." Then the world was dark.

A/N: I would just like to say first off, THESE ARE CHARACTERS AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REAL PEOPLE, I do not ship Edd and Matt in real life that'd kinda creepy, I have changed their last names in order to differentiate characters and people, thank you. Hope you guys enjoyed, look forward to more soon, I'm very excited to be writing this and have some very good ideas for future chapters! Please, dont be afraid to tell me how I did, and if it sucks! -Daybreak