Chapter One - Trapped

Chains rustled against the cold, cement floor of the basement prison Edd had been confined to for longer then he could care to remember at this point. How long had he been down here? A year? Two years? A month? How many times did Matt even come to check on him in a day? At least four, three meals and a "conversation" or two, should all only happen in one day. Yet, with no window or even a light source in sight, Edd had no way to tell.

Reflecting back on how exactly he had ended up in this situation, Edd felt himself shudder with fear.

The floor at the top of the stairs creaked and Edd felt his breath hitch with fear. Except, Matt didn't come down right away. No, the psychotic ginger was pacing, never a good sign. The imprisoned brunet felt himself begin to tremble, had he done something wrong? Said something to upset Matt? Surely not, Edd had not brought up leaving, or for that matter, Tom or any of his old friends in a very long time. He knew better by now.

Soon enough, although it felt like years, Matt slammed open the door at the top of the stairs with a dramatic flare. "Edd! My love!" He announced loudly, his boisterous voice echoing off the walls of the mostly empty basement. The old wooden stairs groaned under Matt's weight as he slowly sauntered his way over to Edd; for even if he wasn't chained to a wall there was no way in hell, heaven, or purgatory the younger male would have approached him on his own.

"And how have you been, darling?" Matt asked, his voice coated and dripping with a sweetness so faux it was foul. Blue eyes, hollow and akin to ice, bore into Edd's very being as Matt awaited an answer he would not get.

Matt kneeled in front of Edd's crumpled, sitting form. The green-hooded male shook his head in reply, squeezing his eyes shut and pressing himself closer to the wall behind him, away from Matt. Dismay ran through the chained boy's being as he found he could in fact not press himself any farther away from Matt, he was already too close to the wall.

"Still not talking? Fine." Suddenly the ginger's attitude had taken a turn for the worse, his voice cols and void of emotion. Edd wondered silently if Matt had sounded just as dead when he was busy gutting Tom or severing Tord's head from his body. "I was wanting to talk to you about something..." Matt mused, leaning closer to Edd and towering over his shorter form, "But I've forgotten what..." He hummed, running a pale, freckle covered hand through Edd's short, silky hair.

Edd attempted to back away once more, his efforts proving futile, trembling more violently than before. Matt obviously noticed his fear and was displeased with Edd's reaction.

"Stop that." He demanded, no longer petting his hair, but rather gripping it tightly with a strength Edd never knew the taller boy had. "Don't look at me like that Edd." Matt snarled, tugging up on his hair.

Edd yelped with pain, trying to reach his hands up to pull Matt off him, but being bound by chain he was unable to. The corners of Matt's lips tugged up into a vicious and coy smirk. "Oh Edd, how sweet! Trying to hold my hand are you?" Matt crooned, tightly grasping onto Edd's hands, "Why didn't you say so, my sweet?" There it was again, that sickeningly sweet tone that Edd detested so much.

"I-I..." Edd's voice was raspy and not more than a whisper from lack of talking so long. Matt didn't seem to mind. The ginger's eyes lit up at the hint of Edd's voice as he leaned closer to him, gripping onto his hands tighter still.

'I miss Tom...' Edd thought, tears pooling in the corners of his large brown eyes, but he couldn't bring himself to say it aloud.

"Y-you're hurting me..." He stammered out, trying to pull his hands away.

"Oh!" Matt perked up, loosening his grip immediately, "I'm sorry Eddy Bear!" Oh how Edd loathed that nickname, just as much as he despised the man in front of him. "You know I would never mean to hurt you!" He crooned, cradling the back of Edd's head and holding his face to his chest.

Edd struggled and tried to worm away from Matt, twisting this way and that to try and get out if the forceful hug. However, all that squirming got him was a tighter, more suffocating embrace. "Stop. Bloody. Struggling." Matt snarled, digging his blunt nails into Edd's back to keep him still.

The smaller boy whined in pain, attempting to still himself, yet no matter how hard he tried he could not control his trembling. "Much better," Matt sighed blissfully, "See? Things go better when you listen!" He chirped, going back to carefully petting Edd's hair.

"Now then! I finally remembered what I wanted to tell you!" Edd's captor hummed, "I'm leaving for a little while, okay? I'd let you come with me... But... We don't want a repeat of last time, now do we?" He grinned widely, insanity lighting up his eyes. Edd shuddered at the memory of the last time he had been outside with Matt; Edd had tried to run and call for help for obvious reasons, Matt hadn't been pleased and insisted upon having a little "chat". Edd had never been so terrified of someone in his entire life.

" Okay Edward?" Matt hissed through gritted teeth. Edd didn't like the way Matt said his full name and scrambled to answer because of it.

"O-okay...!" He said, a little louder than he intended.

"Good boy!" The insanity gripped boy praised, "I came down to see if you needed anything before I left, so did you want anything, darling?" He asked, leaning his face down a little closer to Edd's.

"N-no thank you..." Edd mumbled, closing his eyes so he wouldn't have to stare into the blank, hollow, dead orbs. Honestly, Matt was terrifying on his own, but when he was angered or displeased his eyes were the most off-putting thing about him. Light seemed to refuse to reflect off his blue eyes, turning the normally sift cobalt into a dead and empty slate blue.

"Come now, Edd. You know my name." Although the words were spoken softly, they were a command, an edge was hidden in the sweet tone. Edd knew better than to disobey.

"N-no thank you, M-Matt..." He grit his teeth, he hated that name, he hated the ginger looming over him. Such resentment was well-placed, given the situation.

"Much better!" Matt chimed, "Now, since you've been good lately I'll let you roam the house while I'm gone!" At those words Edd perked up, this would be it, his chance to escape, "But if you even think about trying to leave," He paused to chuckle in a rather unsettling manner, "Well my love, let's just say it won't be pretty!" Matt threatened, chipper as ever.

Edd couldn't speak, he was too afraid, and it felt like he had a stone lodged in his throat. Thankfully a nod seemed to suffice.

The cuffs that originally bound Edd's wrists to the wall fell to the ground with a noisy clank when Matt unlocked them. Edd reached down to rub at his beyond sore wrists as Matt's planted a tender kiss on the top of his head.

"I mean it Edd, don't even think about leaving. Because if you do, I will find you, understand?" Edd nodded once more, "Good! Then I'll be back soon, love!" With that promise Matt left, leaving the door at the top of the stairs open.

A/N: This chapter was pretty long, I certainly hope most future chapters are just as long! -Daybreak