Chapter Three - The storm.

I was awoken by the loud bang of thunder. My breathing started to get heavier as I began to panic. My mind suddenly flashed back to the night my father died.

It was a cold day. My mother and I were at home waiting for my dad to come home. The day was miserable, it was raining all day and to top it all off, as it got darker, thunder and lightning began.

I didn't mind thunder and lightning when I was younger. Up until that day.

He was meant to be home 2 hours ago. My mother and I started to get a little worried and so decided to call dad. No answer. My mom even called his work to see if he was called kept back to do more work in the office, but they hadn't seen him since he left two hours ago.

Panic set in as we worried about the worst case scenario. The house phone starting ringing and my mother and I both looked at eachother, pale faced and sick from worry.

My mom answered the phone and I watched in anticipation. Her face dropped and drained of colour.

I immediately felt sick to my stomach as I knew something was after happening. Tears started to fill my mothers eyes as she raised a hand to her mouth in shock.

''I'll be there right away..'' my mom said in a voice that was barely a whisper as she hung up the phone.

''What is it mom?'' I said, with tears in my eyes.

''He..He was in a c-crash..'' My mom said while sitting down and putting her face in her hands.

I couldn't speak. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes but I knew I had to stay strong for my mom. ''C-cmon, we better go..'' I said, hugging my mom in disbelief.

We hurried up to the reception of the hospital and quickly asked where my dad's room was. 

''Mr. Somers is in room 94'' the receptionist said, not taking her eyes off of the computer. 

We quickly made our way to his room. My heart was pounding and I was shaking. This can not be the end. He'll be okay. He has to be.

We reached the door and made our way inside.

I froze in the door way. There he was. Looking as white a a ghost. Cuts covered his once youthful looking face. He was connected up to multipal machines and monitors. 

My mother held his limp hand in hers. His eyes were closed and he had a calm expression on his face, yet he still looked in pain. 

I dropped to my knees..Unable to deal with the sight of my father in such a state. Tears poured from my eyes as I kneeled with my head in my hands. Why did this have to happen to him? Why! I thought.

The beeping of the machines became more rapid as nurses and doctors flooded into the room.

''GET THEM OUT NOW, QUICK!'' one doctor yelled as he began to try and save my father.

My breathing was uneven as I cried and cried and cried. My mother held me close to her as we waited in agony outside his room. 

An hour later a doctor exited the room and the beeping died down. 

He stood infront of us and we whipped our heads up to look at him. He had a pained and sorry expression on his face.

''NO!'' I screamed, dropping to the floor once again. I knew that look. It was over.

''I'm very sorry miss and Mrs. Somers, but Mr. Somers was in great pain. He had major blood loss and internal bleeding. I'm extremely sorry for your loss.'' He said. 

My body went numb. I felt as if my heart was ripped out of my chest. My daddy. He's gone. Gone.

I reopened my eyes to the darkness of my room again. Tears streaming down my face as I rememberd that stormy night when I lost my Dad. 

The deafening sound of thunder filled my room once more as I screamed. Thunder was my biggest fear. I began to shake. I reached for my bedside lamp but it wouldn't turn on. The power was cut off. I jumped again as the thunder boomed thorugh the room again. My room lit up as the lightning struck. I curled up under my blanket and stared at the wall in fear. 

I hated storms. They always brought back the horrible memories of that day.

There was a knock on my door. 3:40PM my clock read. Who would be awake this early in the morning? 

The door cracked open slowly as a figure stepped through the door. I knew straight away who it was. ''Get out!'' I said harshly with a shaken voice. ''No.'' he said stubbornly. What does he want? 

The thunder startled me again and I let out a screech, blocking my ears from the sound as it became louder each time. 

I tried to erase the memories of that day as they flashed through my mind. It didn't work. I just ended up crying even more. My body was numb. It felt as if i was in the hospital all over again, after seeing my father in such a bad state.

I felt the mattres go down slightly beside me as he sat on my bed silently. 

The moon shon in through the window. The light hitting his face and showing his features. A look of pain was in his eyes as he nervously looked at me. I looked away. I probably looked a mess as I was crying and my hair was all messed up.

The sound of thunder echoed through my room once again and I felt a pair of arms around me. At this point I was shaking with fear. I had no strength to push him away from me so I just sat there as he holds me close to him and rubbed my back. 

It reminded me of when we were younger and he would always sleep over at my house and when there was storms he would always comfort me.

*flash back*

It was a year after my fathers death. Matthew was sleeping over and there was a storm. We were sitting on the couch watching tv when the storm started. Fear immediately came over me as the memories began to hit me all of a sudden.

Matthew held me close to him while whispering ''shh, ally, its going to be okay'' as I cried on his shoulder. He lightly rubbed my back caringly and tried his best to comfort me. Eventually it worked and my breathing was back to normal and the tears kinda stopped. He could always make me feel better. 

*Flash back over* 

He lightly rocked me back and forth while telling me it was going to be okay. The sound of the machines rapidly beeping echoed through my mind. 

I let out all my tears until there was no more as the stranger I once called my bestfriend comforted me.

I felt my eye lids slowly getting heavier as the bad memories faded. Slowly but surely I fell asleep, exhausted from the pain and crying. 

As I was about to drift off I heard matthew whisper something.

.

.

.

.

.

''I've missed you, Ally..'' 

* * * * * *

Ahhh I was literally crying while writing this omg. 

What did you think? Comment below or tweet me @mattespinoscunt if you want me to continue the fanfic!

Also, share it on twitter and all that shizz for me pls? x

Thank you so much for reading!