💋 Chapter Twenty

It's been months after I released my album, Déja Vu and it's actually nominated for multiple times. Irreplaceable for Video of the Year, Beautiful Liar with Shakira for Most Earthshattering Collaboration, Best Director, Best Editing in a Video, Best Choreography in a Video and of course, myself for Quadruple Threat of the Year and Female artist of the year.

I grabbed my phone from the dresser as Mally started putting make up on me while Neal readied my hair. I'm still waiting for Ty to come with my dress. I dialed Jay's phone number and it came to a ring then to his voicemail. I know damn well he didn't sent me to a voicemail. He never declined my calls, not even one but this is the first time.
I dialed his number again and it rang for three times before he answered it.

"Yes?"

I smacked my lips. "What do you mean yes?! You've declined my call for the first time and when you answered it...." I looked at Mally who was looking at me, and she gave me the look that Kelly would give me. I rolled my eyes. "And all you can say is a yes?!" I almost raised my voice.

"Guys..." Mally said to Neal and Neal nodded in agreement while he rolled his eyes.

"True true true..." He said.

"Chill Bey. Why you mad? Who pissed in yo food?" He said sounding high.

I groaned. "Mad? Why am I mad? This is the first time you declined my call and you have never done that!" I heard some sounds at the background and that made me mad even more. "Shawn where are you?"

He stayed quiet for awhile. "I'm at the studio Bey."

"Fuck that excuse Shawn. You've been telling me that same excuse whenever I ask you where you are." I groaned.

He sighed. "I'm at Atlanta with some of my crew."

My eyes widened and almost stood from my seat. "You are in where?!"

"Atlanta. I'm sorry Bey, I should have told y--"

"So that's why you were gone for two weeks huh?! Not even telling me where you went? Is that how it is now?"

"No Bey, it's not like that." He said.

I scoffed. "Yeah and you promised me to go with me for today's VMA award and where is your ass? Your ass is at mother fucking Atlanta." I exclaimed.

"Shit that was today?!"

"You know what, I'll just go by myself. Bye." I said and hung up as soon as possible, before he had the chance to reply back. I sighed and saw Mally and Neal look at me. "What?"

Neal chuckled. "Guys always forget." Mally answered while chuckling. I shook my head rubbing my temples.

I'm supposed to go with him and he promised me that he will but he broke it. "Maybe I should just not attend. I don't even like going to awards nights." I sighed.

"Nah girl. You better get yo ass in them stage to get yo awards. Let them girls know." Neal said as he curled my hair. I chuckled. "Besides you're nominated for 7 awards, who knows you might get it all."

"Neal, that doesn't mean I can win all of it. One is fine." I shrugged. "I don't actually care if I win. It's not the point."

"Okay." Neal said. "If you're going alone, Ty can fill him up." He chuckled.

"I can fill him what?" We heard and turned around to see Ty standing at the door with the gold dress I told him to get me.

"Nothing, Ty." I chuckled while Mally was putting the last touch in my face.

* * *