My Best Friend's Brother

Meredith

Bring! Bring!

What the hell is my alarm clock doing ringing at 6 AM on summer vacation? I question myself as I crack my eyes open. Oh yeah. The first day of ninth grade. 

Meet me: Meredith Walker, aged 14, born and raised in Decatur, GA. I consider mysef a major geek and am proud of it. I love books, Doctor Who, animals, and music. I preder the company of books and my dog to most people.I have a older sister who is a sophmore in colledge at Northeastern in Boston and one white lab-pitt mix. I have way too many books and Doctor Who stuff. I'm 5'7", and have caramel-colored skin, dark, dark brown hair, and eyes a few shades lighter than my hair. Sarah, Erin, and Faith all swear that my eyes look different depending on the light--varying from milky coffee to milk chocolate--and that they have gold flakes, but I don't beleive them. I can thank the Iraeli side of my family for my color--I'm jewish. My sister is much paler and has sky-blue eyes, and she's really short, but we have to same color hair. But while she has curls and knots, I have frizz, waves, and knots. We're never sure who got the better half of the deal.  I'm pretty thin--I can wear a bikini if I want, and can wear tight fitting clothes--, but not scary-thin. When I was in 6th and 7th grades I gained a lot of weight. I was still healthy, but I don't want to go down that road again. I've been vegetarian my whole life--I've never eaten meat, and I majorly support gay and animal rights. That's... basically it.

I throw off my TARDIS blanket, walk across the room to turn off the alarm, then walk into my bathroom to turn on the shower. I had set my alarm extra-early so I would have time to shower this morning. As steam fills the bathroom, I pull my hair tie out and get undressed. I pull off my rings and bracelets and hop into the water. I nearly scream when the scalding water hits my back. I immediately adjust the water to a more comfortable level, and relax my shoulders and back  as the warm water rushes down my body.

As I start to shampoo I begin singing Taylor Swift's Stay Stay Stay. I finish and begin conditioning, starting on You Belong With Me. I take a while brushing out all of my knots. By the time I've shaved and scrubbed my body (Yum, The Body Shop's Cranberry Joy shower gel), and am out of the shower drying off, I've finished singing a quarter of the Red album. If you haven't already picked it up, I'm a major Swifty.

I go back into my room and look in my closet. I pull out a pair of rainbow-striped tights and short denim shorts. I'm definitely gonna enjoy not having a dress code at Lakeside. For a shirt I start to go for a cut tie-dye, then change my mind and go for a doctor Who shirt. It's dark blue and has the entirety of the Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey quote on it. It's an awesome tee. For jewelry I go with my usual crappy friendship bracelets, mplastic bead bracelts, and rubber bands, plus my three rings that I only take off to shower: my black COMMITTED TO EQUALITY ring, the fake-silver one with One of the secrets of life is to find joy in the journey. written on the inside, and my sterling-silver and amber one my sister got me in Poland when she went on March of the Living her junior year of high school. For a necklace I go with a simple bronze-ish Deathly Hallows symbol.

I walk back into my bathroom and brush teth, braid my hair, and put on deodorant. I skip over my makeup bag--I rarely wear anything other than lip gloss anyways. I go back into the bedroom and spritz cranberry perfume on myself.  I scan my bookshelves and pull an extremely worn copy of City of Bones out. I pull my phone out of the charger and walk out of the room. It's 6:40. School starts at 8:05, so I should leave at around 7:30.

I walk down the hall to my parents room to wake up my mom. Another perk of being in high school? I don't have to ride the bus in the mornings. I pad across the floor softly on my socked feet, and my mom doesn't notice me until I call her.