3- Someone Cares

"you sure you're okay...? you've been quiet." Sans asked, raising an "eyebrow", his teeth in a concerned line.

"I'm fine." Frisk mumbled. They were walking along the icy pathy that led to Snowdin, snow crunching beneath their feet.

"you can talk to me, yunno."

"I know."

"okie."

The silence was back again. Frisk hugged her shoulders, itching to cover her ears.

He's just curious. He doesn't actually care.

You don't know that!

And you do? Face it, Frisk. Nobody wants to listen to you. Or be around you in general.

Shut up! You're lying!

Prove it! Tell him. Tell him everything.

No!

See? Even you know it. Nobody cares. You're just a coward. So weak and pathetic nobody would want a mess up like you.

Stop it!

Or what? You'll cry and tell who? Nobody, right? Because nobody wants to get to know you!

That isn't true! Leave me alone!

You are alone, Frisk. You always will be. Nobody loves you. Nobody cares about you. You're so easy to forget, you l-

"frisk? earth to frisk?"

Frisk flinched, shaking her head. She glanced forwards and saw Sans around twenty feet ahead of her, his face full of concern.

"Sorry, I was just lost in thought. I don't feel good so," Frisk turned on her heels and started walking the other way, "I think I'm going to go back to- gah!"

Sans teleported in front of Frisk, centimeters from the fleeing child. She could feel his breath on her face.

"listen, kid." Sans' magic pupils were large, flicking across her face. "it's obvious something's going on with you. why don't you tell me what's up?"

"I told you, I don't feel good. I need to go home."

"don't feel good, how?" Sans brushed a strand of hair behind Frisk's ear, worry in his tone. Meanwhile, Frisk was lost with words. He picked up her hidden cry for help.

"I... I just don't feel good. I'm sick," Sans stepped back and sighed, rubbing his neck with his hand. "I'm sorry."

"it isn't your fault," Sans looked away sadly, "i just wanna help ya, but i don't know how."

"Y-you do?" Frisk spluttered in awe.

"yeah, of course i do. i hate seeing people down."

"Oh." Frisk turned away, avoiding the skeleton's searching eyes. "Okay."

"frisk?"

"Yeah?"

"i uh..." Sans' face twisted for a second and he faltered, "why don't we warm up back at my place?"

Frisk blushed. "Sure,"

See? Someone cares about me.