Chapter 19 - Considerable Thoughts

"True, I talk of dreams, which are the children of an idle brain, begot of nothing but vain fantasy." - William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

...........................................................................

CHAPTER 19 - Considerable Thoughts

~ R ~

To say that her morning was the blurriest it had ever been was quite an understatement; Renee had been replaying the events of last night in her head over and over like an absurdly obseessed lunatic. It wasn't usual for her to divert her focus on other matters during classes, yet what happened between her and Severus was so surreal that she felt the wonderful memory would be lost if she wouldn't continuously recap it in her mind.

His lips were so soft, Goddammit. It almost felt like I could wound them with my impervious kisses. And his touch, oh Merlin, I wouldn't ask for anything more...

"Capulet! Seeing as you have unusually drifted off to somewhere you shouldn't, answer my last question."

Professor Moody was again being a pain in the arse, catching her in the act of going on cloud nine. He was becoming more of a tosser as the days go on, attacking Renee at opportune moments of her defenses being dormant, such as now.

Fuck it, uh, something about Spell Resistance.

"Spell Resistance is the ability to protect oneself from general effects of a certain spell."

Renee's classmates were surreptitiously impressed by her nonchalant answer, but the Defense Professor did not seem to be too pleased with her tenacity.

"Ten points from Slytherin for not paying attention. See me after class."

Ugh! The nerve of that evil crab!

The Slytherins eyed her like they were about to cast Avada Kedavra on her, while students from the other houses smirked in glory. Whatever the infuriating professor wanted, Renee didn't know, and she had no choice but to practically and unwillingly force images of Severus and herself snogging out of her mind to scribble furiously at her parchment and make it seem like she was occupied, ignoring the messy ink blotches that was made by her shaking hand.

After a handful of wasted paper, broken quills and an empty ink pot, DADA class was over. Renee dashed to the door, aching to leave the wretched place, when she heard a slight hiss of her name and remembered she still had to face that damned professor.

Eyeing Renee like she was a descendant of Hades, Professor Moody sat down and offered her a chair, to which she grudgingly sat on.

"You know, Capulet, I never figured you were the type of person to not listen during discussions. What could've caused the distraction? A love interest, perhaps?"

Suspicious of his mere curiosity, Renee had enough sense to construct a reasonable alibi. "No, professor. I just didn't get enough sleep last night."

"Ah, I see. I do recall what day it was yesterday. Been cavorting with, ah... Weasley? I didn't get the impression that were into him that much, but I guess I was mistaken. So you're not a virgin anymore, are you?"

What exactly was he implying? Renee was repulsed by his arrogance to insinuate such a thing. She has never been subjected to answer that question before, and she wasn't going to now, not especially with a strangely intrusive teacher.

"Sir, I don't think that's any of your business." Renee answered with gritted teeth.

Professor Moody gave her a presumptuous smirk. "Hmm, that's right. It isn't my business. Not at least until I suggest your suspension."