Chapter 1

August 5 1966

"John the mails here. Are you going to help me sort it?"

"Ya Cyn, just a minute" he answered his wife, she was in the sun room of their house, Kenwood, which they lived with their son Julian.

It was always said John didn't love Julian or Cynthia and that he only married her because she got pregnant with Julian. That was far from the truth, he loved them both very much.

As he walked down the stairs Julian came bounding up them. "Dad! Dad! Guess what?" Julian said as he ran into John.

"What is it Jules? Did your mum feed you sugar again?" He asked sarcastically, the saying was partly true as it had been John who once fed him it.

"No..." Julian said looking puzzled. "Mum said we could go to the zoo after you two finished sorting the mail."

"Oh, did she?" John asked the boy smirking.

"Yes, that's why you have to hurry!" Julian said while taking hold of John's arm and tugging it downstairs. For a three year old he had a strong grip.

He pulled him downstairs and into the sun room where his wife was sitting sorting the mail.

"I see you've finally come to help" Cynthia said to him.

"I was dragged her against my will" John explained to her, "he said something about a zoo".

"Yeah, I know. He"s been talking about it nonstop since he came home from Lucy's yesterday". Lucy was Julian's good friend from school. "I promised him I'll take him there as soon as we're done sorting the mail" Cynthia said indicating to the giant heap of fan mail that was sent to their house that morning.

Latley they had been reciving twice the usaul amount of letters. All of them had to do with John's bigger than Jesus remark.

When it was published in March in 'The London Evening Standard' there was no fuss and neither John nor anyone around him thought any more of it, but at the end of July America's 'Data Book' magazine republished it. His comment that The Beatles were more popular than Christ was picked up by the American media and all hell broke lose.

Since then they sorted the letters into "for" and "against" piles. For a laugh they would see which was bigger.

It was alright until the psyches warning started to appear. Warnings of plane crashes and other horrendous happenings came. Only one so far had mad a real impact on John. Unlike the other ones it was'nt hostile or angry. It simply said that he would be shot while he was in the states. He was scared, The Beatles had an upcoming tour the next week.

Today though while they were sorting the letters something happened.

"Oh god Cyn, you Should read this one it's hilarious" John said jokingly just as Cynthia was opening another envelope.

While she was reading the letter her face went white.

"John, I think you should read this..." Cynthia said handing the letter to John.

"What is it? Another shooting threat?" John asked her sarcastically while taking the letter from her shaking hands.

As John read the letter his face went deathly pale.