Chapter 2

A silence fell over the couple as John read the letter, only to be broken by Cynthia's remark. "Do you think it's real? I mean, would they really do that?" She was very pale.

"I'm not sure, for all I know it could be fake. A jealous fan or something" John said.

"What kind of fan would send something like this?" Cynthia asked her husband in a worried tone. 

John looked down at the letter in front of him. "It could be some crazy person" he offered.

"I don't know John, maybe it's not a fan. It could be real for we know" Cynthia said as she got up and paced around. "Should we call the police?" She questioned John.

"I don't know. We always receive threats, what's so different about this one?"

"It involves your three year old son!" Cynthia exclaimed raising her voice. She had stopped pacing and was now facing John. 

"Cyn, relax it's probably a joke" John said standing up walking over to where she stood and placing his hands on her arms reassuringly. 

"I still think we should call the police or Brian at least" Cynthia said looking up to John who was standing before her.

"Alright. We'll call Brian, but not the fucking police".

"Fine, get the phone" Cynthia said somewhat relived that her husband was agreeing. 

John and Cynthia both went over to the phone. Cynthia stood while John picked up the receiver and  dialed the number.

"Where's Jules anyway?" John asked her as they were waiting for a response from Brian's phone.

"I don't know. Last time I saw him was this morning, he was dragging you into the living room. I think he went outside after that".

They looked at each other as realization dawned on them. 

Cynthia started running around calling for Julian. John still stood by the phone waiting for a response from Brian who had not picked up the phone yet. 

Cynthia came back and stood in font of John.

"He's gone" she blinked.

Just then Brian answered "Hello, you've reached Brian Epstein. How can I help you?"

"Brian..." John gulped "Julian's gone..."