Founder's Day

Athena's P.O.V.

I'm stuck at school hearing about the stupid Founder's Day parade. I use my cane to nagivate outside until I find Stefan and Damon.

"I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl." I hear Damon say.

"Don't start with me, Damon." Stefan warned.

"Damon is just jealous that you have a girlfriend and not him." I spoke up.

"Always a pleasure to hear your voice Athena." Damon told me.

"I wish I could say the same for you Damon." I said.

"But you started it Stefan with that whole I'm insecure leave Elena alone business. I'm getting a real kick out of that." Damon teased.

"As long as you heard it." Stefan told him.

"Damon look I know this may be hard for your reptilian brain to understand.But if you ever hurt Elena I will kick your ass to kingdom come am I understood?" I questioned.  "Besides your 'Damon humour' isn't very funny." I added. I turn on my heel and walk away from all the noise and people. I sit down in the grass and pull out the casette tape player. I open it taking out the previous tape and pop in the fourth tape. I press play and Sheila Bennett's voice floods my ears.

Looks like you've gotten to the fourth tape congratulations. I assume that you suceeded with the cloaking spell. Look this next spell could go terribly wrong so that's why this is a two part spell. The first part of this spell can be used for defense but that's not the intended use. What I need you to do is take four deep breaths. Concentrate and speak the words clearly. After taking these breaths speak this word. Incendia. I pause the tape.

"Incendia." I spoke clearly. I feel a warmth emanating a few feet away from me. I press play on the tape.

Now that you suceeded in starting a fire speak these next words just as clearly before anything gets out of hand. Suctus Incendia.  I pause the tape once again.

"Suctus Incendia." I spoke. And I no longer feel the fire but I smell the remnants of smoke. I press play on the tape again.

Hopefully you didn't cause anything disastrous to happen but if it did run like hell but if you didn't congrats Athena you are well on your way to realizing your true potential this is the end of the fourth tape.

I take off the headphones and put them back in my backpack. I get up and count my steps back the way I came from. I walk inside school.

Elena's P.O.V.

"John?! Is that even possible?" I asked Stefan.

"There is no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery." Stefan explained.

"My whole life I've never liked this man. I...We need to keep this from Athena atleast until we're sure." I declared.

"She'll be angry that you kept this from her. Sorry I just wanted to tell you before Damon did in an insensitive way." Stefan tells me.

"No, I'm happy that you told me, I just...I really hope that it's not true. What I am supposed to do? Do I just...confront him and say are you my and Athena's biological father?" I questioned.

"I guess, when you're ready." Stefan suggested.

"I'm never gonna be ready. Stefan, I have enough problems with the family that I actually care about. Jeremy hates me, and why wouldn't he? My journal gave him every single reason to. And Athena she's the only one who can somewhat stand him. I don't want her to hate him if she doesn't." I explained.