↳ 36: TRUCE

THE FEELING OF LEAVING HOGWARTS although done every year always felt as if you're not going home, but rather, as if you're leaving home.

          It was the last morning for the school year of 1976 to 1977. And Freya thought it was rather ironic that she woke up the earliest that day rather than the past days when she should have for classes. Everyone in their dorm were still asleep, huge luggage next to their beds as everyone were required to leave by lunch.

          The sky was still quite dark, only a small tint of orange could be seen. But Freya couldn't close her eyes anymore. So, she decided to get ready for the day. It wasn't that she was excited to go home — though the idea of being free from foot long essays were comforting. She was actually just very relived that she would be far from all the drama. Truthfully, she felt as if it had worn her out more than her actual studies.

           She didn't think of ending her sixth year that way. But she was glad it was ending, to say the least. Now she had two months free before she goes into seventh year — NEWT's year. And she wasn't really excited for that.

           Freya descended to the common room where she had assumed she would be alone. But imagine her surprise when she sees her brother sitting on the floor with a cup of cocoa while reading.

          "Froyce?" she asked as she approached him. "How come you're up so early?"

          "I didn't get up, I never slept," he said casually, his eyes still focused on his book. He took a sip from his cup before continuing, "Mom sent us her letters last night. But you were already asleep so I took yours."

          Froyce took out a sealed enveloped that was pressed between the pages of his book and then handed it to Freya. The lass took it and then teared it apart as she sat down next to her brother. She read with her eyes.

Dear Freya,

          It's your father's turn with you two for school break. It also means he'll buy your supplies for the next school year so be sure to get everything you need. I'll send both you and Froyce reminders in case you forget.

          I haven't told your father about James in case you wanted to be the one to tell him you have a boyfriend. Speaking of James, tell him my hello's.

          Look out for your brother. Be a good older sister, Freya. And be sure to be good, okay? Owl me as much as possible. I love you, honey.

Mom

           "You need to tell mom you aren't dating anymore," Froyce sensed she was done reading. She wondered how he did but maybe it was a sibling thing. Froyce finally removed his eyes from his book then looked at her, "Or you could just tell you weren’t even dating in the first place."        

           Freya rolled her eyes and blew a raspberry. She started folding the letter again for keeping. "And what? Be scolded for being unladylike? Yeah, no thanks."

           "Then you would suffer her pestering you why you broke up. Chances are, she might pester James herself." said Froyce, smirking. "If that's going to be the case, you're going to have to talk to James and tell him ahead on what to say so your stories would match."

           Freya looked incredulously at him. "You mean make a deal with him? For Godric's sake, I am in my state right now for the very reason of dealing with him."

           Freya wanted to smack the smirk off of Froyce's face. "Don't look at me. I told you what not to do."

           "Whatever," Freya rolled her eyes. "And I can take mom. She doesn't have to know now. We aren't going to see her until Christmas next year."