Day 23

Day 23

January 24

Chi-Dad came by today with some surprise gifts. He had several huge sweaters for me as well as candies. These spicy ones that are more yummy than I thought they would be. I'm sharing some with Daiyu. She really loves spicy candies. Got these cute pairs of shoes too that are blue ,red and one pair is gold. They are super shiny and comfortable. I personally like the blue ones. They look like they could go with all my outfits.

Scruffle said that I looked adorable in them when Daiyu helped me put them on. I signed for her to show me how to tie my shoes. She didn't complain or ask why I didn't know how to tie my shoes. Guess I'm not the only person at my age to not know this. Or something like that, I'm not entirely sure. I also got a whole lot of cute clothes. Along with a stuffed animal too that is super cute. Dad also got Ms Flufflebottom some toys to play with, a new bed to sleep on and some treats. He is currently feeding her dinner. She is really enjoying the weird smelling stuff that they call wet food. Got another person spoiling my precious baby. Soon I'm going to have an immobile cat if this keeps up.

We've been discussing the merfolks conditions and Scruffle keeps mentioning how small their tank is. He seems as annoyed with their temporary tank as the youngling was. In fact he seemed disgusted that they did this. Daiyu didn't seem impressed by how we described the size of the temporary tank either. She said,"Wow. I'm surprised that's legal. You'd think the Humane Society would be provided a better tank."

"Be greatfull that PETA hasn't been involved yet. Those assholes would have caused these poor things harm.",Scruffle said. PETA? The Helling Hell kind of organization is that? I signed that I wanted to know who they were and Dad said,"They've been considered a terrorist group since the early twenty-sixteens. They pretend to care about animals but they don't."

"They've killed thousands of animals that were deemed 'unadoptable'.",Scruffle said. He was really pissed off. Daiyu was even more pissed at this information than the tank. She asked,"You mean they killed thousands of adorable little animals that could've been adopted...for what reason?"

"To save money. They're greedy sacks of shit.",Dad said. He patted my hand gently. I looked over to Ms Flufflebottom and thought about what they would do to her. Those barnacles would've killed her to save themselves the money. Probably because of her being disabled too and have her be considered old too. Scruffle seemed happy when he said,"Thankfully those fuckers don't have a lot of money. They can't do much now."

"Yeah. I'm surprised that none of them are trying to do anything. You'd think with all this news they'd do something.",Dad said. He seemed pretty worried about that group hurting the merfolks. I'm pretty concerned that they'll do something drastic to some of my kind to 'save' them. Uggh...to take our minds off all of this we decided to talk about movies. We all talked about this romantic movie that was coming out on March 21st. It was a remake of a gross old vampire series.

Daiyu told us about how some of her coworkers were excited to see it. She was grossed out that a movie with an abusive relationship was being remade. Scruffle said that as long as vampires are popular the series would probably be as well. He said,"Gross how a creepy abusive prick is being seen as a loving boyfriend. How the Hell is he popular with girls anyway?"

"Well I think he's considered attractive with some women due to his being in touch with his emotions. He is a redhead and plays the piano.",Dad explained. Ms Flufflebottom got onto my lap as he continued,"Also helps that he's rich as fuck. So his lack of personality along with his abusiveness is over looked because of that."

"Ew.",Daiyu said. She looked really annoyed with these reasons. I felt somewhat lost at any of this. So I signed if there were other reasons that the book was popular. Scruffle said,"Mostly due to the protagonist not really being described. And being pretty personalityless too. Most fans can put themselves into her shoes to pretend to be her."

Oh! So that's how that bullshit is tolerated among humans. From what they told me that the story stopped being popular for a while. But when someone made a movie about a vampire called Camilla...well. That's all it took for the movies to be remade. Seems rather silly.

Oh well.

We're deciding what to have for dinner right now. Daiyu really wants to have a homemade meal. But Scruffle really wants to try this new food place that's supposedly great. Dad and I don't really care. We're just really  hungry for about anything right now. So they're putting it to a vote on what we should do. Since neither me or Dad feel like cooking in the slightest bit we voted with Scruffle. Our resident pastel punk was annoyed at this. But she really was hungry so she wasn't upset for very long.

We've ordered our food just a little while ago. I'm not going to write more after this. Probably going to be headin' to bed soon. Daiyu says she can get me an interview at her workplace. The boss there is really sweet and needs some help with her workplace files.

Write more later.

Olwen.