part iv

hey whats up whATS HAPPENING

i hope y'all enjoy this and the PLOT IS THICKENING
i promise this doesnt turn out weird or anything, i promise it ALL MEANS SOMETHINg

bare WITH ME

okay ily all

summary: beverly bets richie he can't get with the new kid, eddie, in under three months. richie disagrees

pairing: eddie and richie

words: 1550

2 months and 18 days remaining

Richie let out a long sigh as his alarm went off. He laid still with his eyes closed for a few moments, slowly managing to drag himself out of his warm bed. He sluggishly made his way to the bathroom connected to his room and turning on the shower faucet. Richie peeled his sleeping clothes off, letting them fall to the cold tile floor. He reached his hand into the shower and felt the water heating up. Richie narrowed his eyes in an attempt to help him see where he was going but it was no use. He couldn't see for shit without his glasses which were still sitting on his bedside table. Richie stepped into the warm water, leaning his head back as the feeling of sudden warmth invaded his body.

As he was rinsing the shampoo out of his hair, he heard his phone go off. Someone had texted him. Richie finished showering fairly quickly and grabbed a towel, wrapping it securely around his waist. He walked out into his bedroom, picking up glasses and his phone. He placed his glasses on his nose. The text, it was from Eddie. It was a generic good morning message.

Then it hit Richie that he was indeed dating Eddie now. A small grin spread across his face, replying to Eddie's text with a 'good morning sugartits.'

Eddie replied in a minute, sending the middle finger emoji. Richie chuckled.

He made his way to his closet, picking out a pair of jeans and a blue and white Hawaiian shirt, a classic. Richie changed quickly, brushing his teeth and hair before heading out his front door, keys in hand.

Richie shoved his key into the ignition, turning the key to the right to start his truck. He threw his bag in the passenger seat, hopping into the driver's seat. Richie turned the radio on, turning the volume up to halfway. He backed out of his driveway and onto the street, driving in the direction of the school.

"I hear the drums echoing tonight..."

Richie grinned, turning the music up louder. This song instantly made him giddy somehow. Africa reminded Richie of Eddie, he realized, the grin on his face growing wider at the memory of Eddie singing with him after their ice cream date. He remembered how cute he was when he was air drumming to the beat. He and Richie got along. That's why Richie liked him so much. I like him.

Richie nearly hit the car in front of him as he slammed on his brakes at the last second. His breath hitched in his throat as he realized. He liked Eddie. It was just a stupid bet, how could Richie like him?

But it wasn't a just a bet. He wouldn't have enjoyed his time with Eddie as much as he did if it was just a bet. Eddie made him happy and Richie didn't even realize how happy he was until now. Fuck.

"Hey Eddie," a girl, whom Eddie didn't know, said shyly as he passed. He gave her a polite, small smile. Eddie wasn't quite used to people being oddly nice to him yet. Hell, he didn't think he'd ever be. All he did was start dating Richie last night and it was like everyone already knew. Eddie approached his locker, immediately frowning when he saw the word 'fag' written in permanent black marker on it. He stared at the word scrawled across the navy blue locker and tried not to get upset. Being gay still isn't fully accepted and there's little to nothing Eddie could do about it.