part viii

hey guys! this took a super long time and im really sorry about that but WOW I DID IT

this is also pretty short so i hope y'all dont hate me

1 month and 22 days remaining

"Do I look okay?" Eddie asked nervously, looking at himself in the mirror situated on his wall. He heard Ben's chair creak as he turned to look at the screen.

"Yes, I said you did 30 seconds ago," Ben replied, leaning back to take a sip of his Dr. Pepper.

"I can't do this!" Eddie sighed, plopping down on his wooden stool and laying his head in his folded arms that he rested on his desk.

"What do you mean?" Ben's voice crackled and cut out for a moment but he could still be understood. Eddie shook his head. A million thoughts were running through his head and a lot of them were negative.

"I can't dance, my tie is wrinkly-"

"Eddie-"

"No! I'm so screwed, oh God..." He groaned, gently hitting his head against his arm a couple times. It was minutes until Richie was to arrive and pick him up but Eddie was still panicking. He stood up reluctantly, adjusting his hair in the mirror. He could hear the soft sounds of Ben's game coming through the laptop speakers. He adjusted the tie, pursing his lips as he decided to leave it alone and that he looked fine.

A horn blared from outside and Eddie's heart rate increased tenfold. "Oh, God, I gotta go. Bye Ben!" Before Ben could reply, the call was ended. Eddie grabbed his phone and jacket, walking down the stairs at a quick pace and threw open the front door. He closed it behind him, breathing a sigh of relief that his mother hadn't caught him. He walked up to the passenger side of the truck and hopped in.

Richie was speechless for a moment, looking over Eddie's suit and hair. He looked amazing. Eddie was running his hands along his thighs, trying to rub out the wrinkles. He stopped for a moment, looking to his left to make eye contact with Richie. Eddie's eyes looked into Richie's brown ones, quickly glancing between his hands and him. "What?"

Richie grinned. "Lookin' good, toots." He put the truck into reverse and pulled out onto the street, heading in the direction of the school. Upon arrival, muffled music could be heard coming from the school along with lights shining through the windows.

Richie glanced over at Eddie. "You ready for your first dance?"

Eddie scoffed, faking offense. "How do you know it's my first?"

The taller boy smirked, a thought coming to his head. "I'm taking your high school dance virginity!"

Eddie's mouth hung open for a moment, clearly in shock and disbelief of what Richie had said. "What?"

"You heard me, Kaspbrak. Don't worry, I'll be gentle."

"Oh, put a sock in it," Eddie replied, shoving Richie with both hands. He stumbled to the left a little bit, not actually falling as Eddie hadn't pushed him hard enough for that. A small grin appeared on Richie's features, Eddie starting to do the same.His smile was contagious.

They walked inside the building, dodging people as they made their way to the large gym. Eddie felt a hand on his shoulder and soft breath in his ear. "I'm gonna go talk to Stan for a sec, is that okay?"

Eddie nodded, feeling a soft kiss pressed to his neck before he saw Richie pass in front of him and off into the crowd. He felt awkward for a moment, standing alone in the middle of different groups of friends. He spotted Beverly talking to two other girls he didn't know. He wasn't gonna talk to them, just stand near them so he looked less out of place.