two

"Would you like some tea?" Dodie asked as Rose set down her bags at the door.  

"Yes, that'd be lovely." She said in a small voice, sitting at the table. Rose stared at the girl as she concentrated on the boiling water. Soon enough, she sat across from her, setting a large mug in front of the girl.

"So we've talked a lot over text messages, but tell me about yourself Rose." Dodie said, smiling. Rose could tell she was excited to have a roommate. From the looks of things, she'd being living on her own for a bit.

"Well, I'm in London for online college. I needed to be close to the school for homework and such. I'm studying creative writing." The lavender hue piped up, smiling and taking a sip of her tea.

"You write?" Dodie questioned, smiling. Rose nodded.

"I've listened to your music. I love it a lot." Rose said.

"Oh thank you!"

"I love your apartment. Especially the fairy lights."

The apartment was painted a snowy white, the kitchen being quite small and combined with the average sized living room. A hall led to two bedrooms, a two person bathroom. One bedroom was quite beautiful looking. Ikea shelving held cute clothes, fairy lights adorned a small La La Land shrine and desk. A white loft bed was on the side of the room, and the window overlooked the bustling street.

The other bedroom was awfully empty. No furniture was there, and there was only one overhead lamp hanging off the ceiling.

"Well, I know you told me your bed is coming in tomorrow, and my friend Sammy has a white desk you could have. Also my manager Josh has a storage unit, in which I've been storing an extra set of those Ikea shelves. You can have them if you'd like." Dodie said, staring at the blank walls.

Rose smiled and thanked her once again.

"No need to thank me Rose. Thank you for being here. It's a lot less lonely now." Dodie stated.

After a few more minutes of chatter, she left to let her take care of her things. Rose just folded up her clothes and set them against the wall next to their hangers. She stacked her books on the floor, and simply just unpacked her things and put them all against the wall, seeing as she had no furniture. She tried her hardest to untangle some twinkle lights, and started to compromise a list of things she would need to buy.

New clothes, a plant, an umbrella, a clothes hamper, were just a few of the things on the list.

Finally, Rose set her most prized possession, her white ukulele, against the wall. She loved to play it more than anything.

"Rose?" Dodie called. The girl was still getting used to having a roommate.
"Yes?"
"I've arranged to go out for dinner tonight for some Nando's with my friends. I was thinking it'd be a good opportunity for you to meet them, if you'd like? They're all very excited to meet you." Dodie asked, hopeful.

Rose smiled and nodded. She wanted to meet the friends she kept speaking of, and she hadn't been out to eat in ages.

"Great! Oh this'll be so fun!" Dodie exclaimed, hugging the girl with the lavender hair.

Rose had a feeling this would work out alright.