Worlds crumble

You sat in disbelief of the news. She was gone.  Your mother, one of the best people you knew, the one who gave birth to you, the only one who didn't give up on you as a child, was dead. You sat on your bed with your head in your hand crying. You multiple times found yourself having trouble breathing. 

You knew you would disturb the others with your crying at such an ungodly hour, so you walked to the gardens and sat with your back up against a tree, staring at the sky asking why anyone would take your mother from you for Odin's sake you were only 812 (13) years old. You sat there and tried to be as quiet as you could. The only people who knew she was dead were the healers who had tried to help her. You didn't want to bother Frigga with the bad news, not to mention the others. So you just sat and cried and wondered if she was truly in Valhalla where she belonged.

You heard footsteps and your breathing hitched in your throat. "Stay back whoever you are, I have magic that I'm not afraid to use." You knew that voice, your best friend and only true friend since you were 375. Your voice is hoarse from crying you had no other choice but to poke your head out from behind the tree and walk out slowly. 

Loki lowered his fight stance when he saw it was just you. "Oh thank Odin, I really thought you were-," he paused when he saw your puffy eyes and tear stains. You walked at the same slow pace you had been walking at, but that wasn't cutting it for Loki. He ran up to you and cradled your face with one hand while the other, subconsciously mind you, rested on your waist. "Who hurt you Y/N."

At this point at least 10 emotions shown clear on his face: sincerity, sadness, anger were just a few. "No one hurt me Loki," you said with a hoarse voice, looking into his eyes. They were soft and caring at this point, something you've come to notice, he does very rarely.  You tried to speak again but struggled to find words, instead, you wrapped your arms securely around Loki as if he too were at the edge of death.  

You sobbed into his chest, and couldn't stop. Loki was at a loss of what to do, you were always so strong you usually needed to vent not cry. "She's gone," you said barely above a whisper. Loki had to do a double take as to what you said, but when he processed what you said, he held you tighter than you were holding him.

He then picked you up bridal style. You froze, "Loki what are you doing?" "You must think I'm stupid if you think that I'm going to leave you alone after what has happened just happened." 

As if you were lighter than a feather, he carried you to his room. You had never been inside before, only outside to give him his food, like your job was. All you could see was a path of moonlight shining in from his balcony. He laid you softly on his bed and allowed you to get under the covers. You had nice sheets but NOTHING  compared to his. 

"Don't lay down yet," he said. He then handed you a glass of water, his magic lessons with Frigga were definitely paying off. You drank about of half of the glass, and you almost handed it back to Loki before he put out a hand as to say stop. "Love only those in Valhalla know how much you've cried tonight, drink the whole thing we don't need you getting sick." 

So you drank the rest and handed it to Loki. He crawled in next to you and despite the large size of the bed, he held you tightly to his chest. You took this to wrap your arms around his neck and nuzzle into him. This was the comfort you needed. 

You couldn't hear him because at this point you had passed out and Loki knew it. "I love you and if anyone makes you feel the pain you do right now, they will feel it 10 times worse." He kissed your head and held you closer, never wanting this moment to end.

~~Time skip to morning~~

"Brother! Come it is time to eat," was all you heard as you unwillingly woke up. You notice you were in a new position. Loki was reading with a book in one hand and his back against his headboard and you were hugging his torso, head on his chest while his other arm was holding you tighter. Luckily he had his shirt on otherwise you'd be a goner. This entire time you had kept your eyes shut, except to look around for a few seconds, wanting to go back to sleep, and eventually succeeding. 

"Brother! I said it's time to eat!" Thor paused to look at the sight before him. "Well, well what do we have here?" Thor said leaning against one door. Loki froze for a second and then played it off as nothing. "Just a friend helping a friend," Loki replied smoothly.

"And what kind of helping would we be talking about exactly?" Thor said raising an eyebrow. "Thor you are truly disgusting," Loki said shutting his book and adjusting you so that you were lying on your back, but the minute he did you rolled on your side and wrapped an arm around his waist. 

"Seems you two are more than friends these days." Thor then closed the door and walked in.  "Do either Mother or Father know?" Thor questioned. "Know what?" Loki said genuinely lost. "That you two are courting behind their backs of course! Stop trying to play dumb I knew it the day you two came in from the garden and she pecked you on the cheek, well it looked closer to the lips if you ask me, but you two are very bad at hiding it."

"Thor you're just dumb enough to believe that she actually likes me, the only thing, I'm sure she sees in me is a brother," Loki said brushing some hair out of your face. "But you obviously don't see her a sister, do you?" Thor inquired. "Is it that obvious?" Loki said face dropping. "To everyone but her, brother, to everyone but her," he said clapping his shoulder. 

"You better hurry it up, mother and father are wondering where you are." 

"What is this?" Frigga's voice filled the room. "Well, I'll be. Are you two courting behind your parents' backs?" Loki straight up waking you back up. "Mother I swear I simply found her crying last night in the garden I felt the need to help her,  I couldn't leave her in some servent's quarters to cry herself to sleep in." 

Thor sat there in confusion of last nights events. Frigga, however, knew all too well what Loki was talking about. "Thor please join your father in the dining hall I must talk to Loki." Frigga turned to you and said, "You may want to get down to the quarters before someone thinks something has happened to you." Before you left, however, she kissed your head and said. "I'm sorry my dear child for your loss." She gave you a quick hug, and you left.

"You know I could tell from the day you two met you loved her." She smiled at the memory. "You always said she would never love you back, but you never denied, not even once that you didn't love her. " Frigga put a hand on Loki's shoulder. "You keep her in your sights and you love her and wait for her as long as it takes, you two deserve each other and I won't see it any other way. You hear me?" Loki simply nodded. 

"Now time for breakfast, your father will want to see you, and I must break the news of Y/N's Mother's passing to Thor."