Chapter 9

"He's headed to the school," Scott said.

Liam and Tessa were in the back of Stiles' jeep. They were following Parrish who, they assumed, was tracking the Beast.

The boys had tried to convince Tessa to sit this one out but she had refused. She was sticking close to them no matter what they said.

"Why's Parrish going to the school?" Liam asked, leaning forward to stick his head in between the front seats.

"It's not Parrish. At least not right now," Scott answered.

"Okay, well, why's a hellhound going to the school?" Tessa rephrased for Liam, leaning on his shoulder so she could stick her head between the front seats as well.

"'Cause he's got a yearning for higher education," Stiles replied with all his usual sarcasm.

Tessa rolled her eyes.

"Guys, the hellhound's at the school, so we're going to the school. Okay?"

Tessa shrugged, sitting back in her seat. Liam looked like he was about to ask another question so she grabbed the back of his sweatshirt. He crashed back into the seat when Tessa pulled. She chuckled as he glared at her rolling his eyes.

Stiles shifted gears and the jeep roared forward.

They arrived at the school a few minutes later, both Liam and Tessa were holding onto the seats for dear life. Tessa had forgotten what a horrible driver Stiles was.

The four of them climbed out of the Jeep. Liam slammed the door loudly and they all turned to look at him.

"Sorry," he whispered.

Tessa sighed. This was already going terribly.

She walked beside the three boys as they saw Chris Argent approaching, gun in hand.

"Where's Parrish?" Scott asked.

"I lost him. He's moving too fast."

Tessa turned, seeing a man lying on the ground. She tapped Liam's shoulder and his eyes widened.

"Scott," he got the older boy's attention. "That guy's not moving at all."

Scott walked slowly towards the man, Argent, Liam and Tessa following. Stiles hesitated but followed after them when Scott looked back at him.

They approached the figure and Tessa's heart sped up as they saw that the man's chest was ripped out. Literally. He was lying in a pool of his own blood.

They walked carefully past him, only to see another body when they rounded the corner. The back of a school bus was torn open, bodies piled inside with a pair of glowing eyes hovering over them.

"Look," Liam told the others.

A low growl came from the creature inside the bus. Tessa reached out, grabbing the first hand that she found. Glancing to her left, she saw that it was Stiles'. He didn't protest, just squeezed her hand, not taking his eyes off the bus in front of them.

One of the bodies shifted, a bit lifting up his head and reaching towards them.

"Help me," he moaned.

Scott started forward slowly but a deep echoing voice stopped him.

"It's a trap." Parrish rounded the corner. He was wearing only his shorts, sparks flying around him as his hellhound eyes shone.