22- The Day

So finally there it was. It was the day. The day of our first ever live performance. I really was looking forward to it. I mean last few days that was all I was thinking. You know I pictured that thing since forever, since the day I knew myself. And now that was going to be real. That one damn thing.

My song, it was written by Julia. It was about a person abandoned by the society who finally finds a way towards light. The words were pretty commendable. I was really really excited. Ana finally I was ready. I was dressed formally like a gentleman attending the ambassadors meeting. Didn't love that much but it was pretty awesome.

You know what's good thing about that. There were many productions attending that programme and if I could pull something up there I was, the next singer. But here's another thing your life doesn't always go the way you want it to be. And there was some awful twist that changed everything.

"The programme's not gonna happen." That voice. I still remember. But that wasn't the end. " The programme's​ not gonna happen the way it was meant to be." And that was the complete sentence.

There was a change. We weren't gonna sing OUR songs. Instead we would be given chance to choose some random song and for God's sake we weren't singing solo. That means I needed a partner. But who? Wait! I finally figured out who's going to be my singing partner. Who else than Kelly? So I went to her with that ' You owe me something ' look.

"So you found your partner? " I asked.

"I just knew it was gonna happen that way. God it sucks." She really hated that.

"Why don't you get a little chance to sing with me? "

"Whoa. Is that a request? " She laughed her belly out.

"I suck at that." I admitted it. God I did.

"Yah. You do. But okay. I also do need a partner. So we're helping each other here." She smiled and drifted away.

And finally there it was. The moment of my life. When the host called my name, my heart was beating at the pace of the bullet train and I found myself flying like an aeroplane.

We were supposed to sing "Meant to be " by Bebe Rexha and Florida Georgia line.

And the music hits my ear but something more important caught my eye. I saw Julia. She wasn't supposed to be there. As she wasn't from our college but still she was. She blushed at me wickedly to show that she was there in front of me. I wasn't just singing there yet I was communicating with her with the lyrics.

🎵 Hold up girl. Don't you think you're beautiful and it's easy to see 🎵

And when I sang those words she was reacting like "Really? " And I nodded my head. Actually I was having a great time. The two of my dreams were in front of me and that's worth every pain and every mess you've been through your whole life.

"You were awesome."  A faint smile on the face is always admiring.

"I wasn't that AWESOME but yah I was great."  I replied with a blink.

"You are surprising me day by day cheesepants." She was getting childish. It was the very first time after we met.

"Somebody missed that name." I said with that very faint smile.

"Somebody missed getting called by that name." She really was getting used to the character

"Not only that. Maybe he missed sth more too." And that was the part I was getting more me.

"Hmm. Mm maybe someone else missed that too." And finally the intimacy lead to a kiss. Not proud to say that but we were like two people who fell in love for the first time. I don't know why but it didn't seem that bad however. Whatever we do it always was great. Maybe that's what falling in love means. I was so in love with her but still I wasn't sure of admitting it. I wanted to listen it from her mouth. Maybe that's what everyone wants. The confession from the person you love.