Chapter 8

“Well, he sounds wonderful.” my step-mother, but caring mother none the less, says nodding approvingly.
“Oh yes! He is. His knowledge is very compatible to mine and his kindness is rare amongst many men.” I say putting a hand on my chest.
“Oh? Is this love I see? Did we get the good fortune of the coincidence of finding a true love for you?” mother smiles brightly.
“Well, I don't know about that. He doesn't have that...spark that I want, but I'm certainly open to sharing a life with him. Perhaps love will blossom later when we're sharing our lives together.” I say standing and taking my cup of tea. I slowly walk around the room sipping my tea.
“I'd say that is completely understandable.”
“I  feel like everything went very well, besides his mother.”
“Ah, yes.” she says pinching the bridge of her nose. “I don't want to be rude, but she's absolutely horrid. Unreasonable and very stubborn. It make me wonder how Lord Gallum can marry such a woman.”
“I'm sure she had an arranged as well.” I tell her.
“I still stand by my point. I would have run from away and left that woman standing under the altar.”
‘A bit cruel, don't you think?”
“She's a bit cruel, don't you think?”
“I know, but regardless I think abandoning your betrothed with no explanation, and leaving her embarrassed in front of her family and friends is just unnecessarily cruel. There's no need to be as cruel as her.”
“Oh, darling, your heart is too kind and pure. It would be a shame if someone were to use it for their own gain.”
“Hopefully not.” I frowned.
“I know your father was kind, but I bet your mother was even kinder.” mother says grabbing her own tea.
“She was. She was amazing and super kind. She always gave money to the homeless, even though father told her not to because we needed it for food.” I smile thinking back. “She would say ‘It's only a small part of it and they need it more than we do. They don't even have a home, Jason.’
“she sounds lovely.” mother says smiling brightly. “She would've been proud to see what a wonderful young lady you've become. James is very lucky.”
I smile shyly. “Thank you.”
“Well.” mother stands finishing her tea quickly and setting it back on the nightstand. “I suggest you start gathering your things and get some rest. We're leaving first thing in the morning.” mother says kissing my forehead.
“You're right. Goodnight, mother.” I say hugging her tightly. “I love you.”
“I love you too, Honey.” mother hugs me back tightly. “Sleep well.”
“You too.” I smile softly watching her smile one last time before exiting the room.
I sigh tiredly. I went to take off my corset having much trouble reaching back and unlacing it. I bent back trying to reach the small bow lace. It was just out of reach. I get on my knees leaning forward to see if that would help. It didn't. I bend back again even father to get the death grip piece of clothing off. I end up falling backwards onto the floor with a loud thud. I roll over onto my side trying to reach back before giving up tired. I just decide to sleep in the death contraption. I strip the dress and put on a nightgown over the corset. I get into bed and try to fall asleep and ignore the uncomfortable corset. It took awhile, but I managed to drift off. I dreamt of Asguard.

I know this chapter is a bit short and boring, but fillers have to be placed somewhere or the plot would never move forward. Thank you all for being understanding, and dare I say very very patient, with me. Anyway, the story is moving along fine and actually going somewhere now. Comment below on any thoughts on your mind and add my story to your library. Thank you for reading my story and I'll see you in the next chapter. Tootles!