WTDMTN Chapter 2

Chapter Two, Akio’s POV:

I was sitting in the grass, in the sun, just like normal. I loved the sun.  I fiddled nervously with my hair, running hands through it. I hadn’t taken my medicine for that day, and I could feel myself slipping.

I have officially been diagnosed with depression and insomnia, something that a lot of depressed people get. As opposed to hypersomnia, where you sleep too much, I can’t sleep. So that kind of sucks.

My name is Akio Hikari. Quite the opposite from the way I look, my name means Night Dark.

I nervously looked around, forever paranoid that someone was watching me. My eyes were met with a girl. She was sitting under the green umbrella trees, reading a book. She was in the shade, though, which was probably good because she had very light skin.

She suddenly looked up, and I couldn’t seem to rip my eyes away. Her eyes were a bright blue, and I could feel them raking my body. But I couldn’t look away.

I’m extremely self conscious. I know, that may seem weird coming from a guy. But it can happen too. So as I felt her eyes wracking my 6’ 4” frame, I wanted to look away.

But it was impossible.

She had these huge blue eyes that mirrored the sky. I could look into them all day. Her black hair was spilling over her shoulders, and it seemed very long. I wanted to look at her all day.

But I decided that was a little creepy, so instead I got up and went to go talk to her.