Chapter 9- Tit for Tat Tattoos

CHAPTER 9- Tit for Tat Tattoos

Sitting here in the cafe, where I am completely aware that Robin is sitting on the chair across mine. Today was officially the worst day of my life but my life is always at its worse situation. Hindi ko inakalang may isasama pa pala yun.

What have I gotten myself into? If life could at least give me a heads up for this. Nakasuklob any ulo ko sa mga braso ko. The painful paart is that-I cannot do anything about it. HINDI PA RIN AKO NANINIWALA SA BABAENG TO. Yun any pilit kong sinasabi sa sarili ko.

Dumating na any kape ko. at least put something in my stomach. Do I deserve this?

I feel so molested. All my life I. . .I thought I was living it all alone. I have never entertained the idea that there is God. Well,I acknowledge the fact that there is a superior being that made---all this.

"Ethan. I know this is a shock for you, but. . ."

"No shit!" I said and i know I sounded rude. Napansin ko rin na nabigla ang ibang customers at tumingin sa akin. Their eyes were full of judgemental gazes, para bang sinasabi nilang nababaliw na ako. Oh shit, do not tell me that its true-na ako lang ang  nakakakita sa kanya.

"I can hear your mind. I suggest that, ako na lang ang magsasalita."  sabi niya. She was looking so peaceful. Her long hair falling freely to her shoulders down to her waist. Her face was incomparable, even in a plain shirt. And then I begin to think. Sabayan ko na lang yung trip niya. wala din namang akong choice.

I just nodded.

"Contrary to what you think, hindi ako palaging na sa tabi mo. I do not guard you 24-7. No, I do not do that."

All the time she was speaking , I am just listening. I know this may sound freaky but the calmness of her voice is very contagious to me.

What about your clothes. The first time I saw you-you were on a skirt. I do not think that angels change attire.

"About that, every time you are sleeping or every time I am not by your side usually I am working."

What?! I thought you were working for me. Niloloko mo ba ako.

she sighed. "You are my obligation-my responsibility. Aside from you, I am working for the Lair. Put it this way, I am a guardian-your guardian, but in the end of your day, I go home." then she stared at me like l am a kindergarten student. "do you get it, Ethan?"

No. This is bull!

Napabuntong-hininga siya. Are there others? I asked.

"Yes. As far as I know, everyone has an angel. You can't see them."

Oh really? But the world is over-populated. How could that posibly fit in here?

"Amazing right? I told you, you can't see,nor hear nor touch us. Clearly that doesn't work for the both of us. its like we live in a different dimension."

Are there anyone like you here?

"Yes, one in the counter. Three near the table and another three in the magazine benches." sinundan din yun ng mga mata ko. Wala akong makitang kakaiba. Maliban sa mga customer at sa nagiisang waiter na naka duty.

Why can I see you then?

"Honestly, I do not know."

I looked at her grayeyes. Those eyes that were too big for her. Maganda siya, Hindi ko ipagkakaila yon. O baka nasanay lang akong pagmasdan siya.

And then I saw her stiff a little. Her eyes were loosing focus. Like she can see things-visions.

"What's wrong?" I stood up to shake her. Bahala na kung ano ang isipin ng mga tao.

Nabigla ako ng tumayo din siya at hinawakan ang kamay ko. Then her gray eyes locked into mine. I was bounded.

"Ethan. You need to leave. Now." she said with a dont -mess-with-me look.

And as if on que, I heard a hoarse sound. Nakakabingi ang ingay na nagmumula sa likod ko. Robin's grip went tighter and I followed her gaze. Wala na yung mahinahong Robin na nakasanayan ko-it was as if she was ready for battle.

The cafe's window glass was broken-shattered into a million pieces. Pero mas ikinagulat ko na wala man lang nakapansin sa nangyari. Lahat ng customer, they were resuming to their food. Wala ba talaga silang paki-alam?

My attention was taken by a dog-looking figure na naghahabol ng hininga sa gilid and counter. It must be the one who caused the glass to break.

Nakatulala lang ako sa asong yun.  Namalayan Kong Hindi siya aso. Ito na yata ang pinakapangit na aso na nakita ko buong buhay ko. take note, nakatalikod pa yun.

it wasn't furry at all. Its skin was black and sleeky. Wala man lang ni isang balahibo. Kita ko ang ribs niya na ibinalot ng maiitim niyang balat. Mahahaba sang paa nito, parang paa na rin ng tao. The only difference is that its slender, at parang buto't-balat na siya.

And then it faced me. Eye to eye. Its eyes were green-not the iris, but the eye ball itself. Kulay lumot yung mga mata niya. Its teeth were showing out his slobery mouth,oo slobery kasi naglalaway siya. matulis yung mga ipin niya. Nakakatakot siya.

One of my childhood nightmares just came to life.

Robin stepped forward. Parang itinago niya ako as likuran niya. Nakahawak pa rin siya sa braso ko. She wasnt like anything I remembered her to be. Hinubad niya ang suot niyang puting T-shirt, is she mental?!

But beneath that shirt was a black leather top that hugs her body. Maliit na parte lang ng pang-itaas niya ang natatakpan non. Kita na ang tiyan niya, and i was more than shock to notice. She has tattoos.Tattoos covered her belly up to her sleeves, pero hindi ko napansin yun non.

Fierce- she was radiating fierceness. Umuungol pa rin ang aso sa sahig ng cafe. Nakakatakot siya, Pro Hindi siya napapansin ng mga tao dun. Nakakapagtaka.

Hindi ako makagalaw, Hindi ako makapagsalita. I was numb there-standing there looking straight to its eyes. And then it launches its body towards me. And the next thing I know, itinapon na ako ni Robin towards the wall.

Finally! the people inside the cafe have their attention to me. Ikaw ba naman, may taong bigla na lang itinapon ang sarili sa gilid-hindi ka ba titingin?

"I'm sorry,headache." I said to them. Ng ibinalik ko ang tingin ko kay Robin. Hindi na siya nag-iisa.

There were like 7 people with her. All in black. All fully aware of the monster on the floor. Where did all these people came from?

And like a shockwave, shit. Angels.