Chapter 2-part 2

Eve
What's going on? I hear sirens...close.
Someone's running my way. It's a cop...something's wrong. I can feel it in my gut.
"Hello young lady, I'm officer John. Do you happen to know a boy about 17 with brown hair?"
I sat there. Speechless.
"Yes..his name is Zane. What's going on?!" I got so nervous. I had a bad feeling when I heard the sirens...what happened to Zane?
"We just got report he was ran over. They are taking him by helicopter to the nearest hospital. Would you like to meet us there? Maybe you could help us with some information.." he said as he looked back at the crime scene.
"Ummm, yeah I'll come."
I followed him to a car and got in. Then we were off to the hospital. As we were driving I felt like the whole world was spinning around me.
Why Zane? Who would do this to him. I can't believe this!
Finally, we got there. I hopped out the car and ran through the revolving doors. Then I asked the front desk for Zane. She gave me his room number and I kept running.
293, 293, 293 I kept chanting to myself. I got to the elevator and pushed the button. Finally the doors opened and I walk into the elevator. I pushed floor 3 and waited, listening to the cheesy elevator music. The elevator stopped so I got out.
289, 291, 292, There it is! 293 I found it!
I walked into the room which was full of doctors. There was a nurse taking his vitals and the doctors were talking by his bedside.
"I'm Dr. K, Zane's doctor. You are...?" She said looking at me. She had brown hair in a ponytail and black glasses on.
"My name is Eve Gladstone. The police told me to come to help with some information." I said
"Okay well we just put him on oxygen. His blood pressure is low but his heart rate is stable for now. He's in a coma. We don't know for how long yet though." She stated and then walked out with everyone else.
I sat in a chair by Zane's bed.
Please wake up Zane...for me. Please.
Just then I heard his heart monitor flat-line. The loud, long beep of his heart monitor tore me apart. I started to cry again as the doctors ran into the room and whisked him away.
"Zane! Zane Please!" I screamed as I followed the doctors.
A nurse held me back but I kept pushing her to get to him. It was no use. She took me to his room and then left. I sat there crying harder than I ever could.
Zane please...stay with me...please
The doctor returned after about an hour.
"I'm sorry for your loss. Zane sadly died during surgery. His heart stopped beating at about 8:30 pm." She said as she walked out.
This can't be happening. Not Zane...my one and only Zane.