|1| In The Past

Recently......
Asaki's eyes widened. Nobunaga had slipped one arm around his waist, drawing Asaki possessively towards him. His face quite close to Nobunaga's as what the warlord said next threw him aback.

"How would you like to rule the world at my side?"

With Nobunaga's strong arm around Asaki's waist and his offer ringing in his ears, rationality crumbled around him.

"Sorry, but I can't. I'm starting my dream job really, really soon, so I will have to decline. I'm sorry."

"What?" Nobunaga seem taken aback that a 'woman' would decline his offer in ruling the world. Without giving him a chance to recover from his shock, Asaki had already pulled Nobunaga's arm off him and began running.

Hideyoshi and Mitsuhide called after him, but that wasn't going to stop him. Asaki's mind was still blurred as he forgot about his belongings when he fled the small camp.

He continue to run until he enter a forest, he didn't stop until he reached a clearing where everything was still silent, except for a few chirping from the crickets.

"I should be safe now right?"

'Wait, safe from what? I'm still in the past, stuck in this crazy time period alone, and surrounded by madmen.'

Asaki thought in panic but was pulled away when a pain ran up his arm again.

"Ow!" He hiss slightly as he clutch his right arm. "This is gonna take awhile to heal isn't it?"

He leaned his back against a tree and rubbed his arm to soothe the pain; his eyes looking up towards the clear summer night sky.

The eerie darkness of that night would never escape his memory. Asaki can clearly remember the pitch-black curtain draped over the sky, and the twisted, warped shapes that the celestial bodies of stars made against the blackness.

The milky speckles twirled and danced along the sky in various patterns, tugging at the corners of Asaki's lips in a way that almost made him smile. It was hard to shove aside the worries corrupting his mind, but eventually, Asaki just... stopped thinking.

He was alone. The young musician stared up at the sky and studied the silver glow of the moon, not bothering to hide the smile that finally made its way to his face.

'How long has it been since I had a scenery like this?'

But his peacefulness was soon disturb by a yell.

"Asaki! Where are you? Come out!"

'Maybe I spoke too soon..... And that voice, doesn't it belong to one of Nobunaga's men, Hideyoshi?'

Asaki just remained where he was as the sound of approaching horses got nearer and louder. So, two men on horseback arrived. One of them was Hideyoshi.

When Hideyoshi saw Asaki, he pulled the rein to stop his horse.

"I search the whole forest for you."

"I didn't ask you to." Instead of getting the thanks he expected, Hideyoshi gotten a retorted response.

Asaki wasn't going to be sympathetic, especially when Hideyoshi had just drove his once in the lifetime peace away.