~Five~

Sirius sits by the fire in one of the chairs with James sitting across from him with Lily on his lap. Remus had to go run off to the library, forgetting the homework for class tomorrow the silly boy, and Peter wanted to go raid the kitchen again. Madigan is standing beside Sirius' chair, causing him to look up at her. "Do you want to sit down, Red?"

"Red?" James questioned, causing Lily to give him a look that says, 'Leave those two be'.

"I'm fine." Madigan says, but Sirius knows that when she says that she is just being nice. Sirius rolls his eyes.

"You're so damn stubborn." Sirius says as he pulls her onto his lap, causing her to gasp in surprise. "The chair's plenty big enough for the both of us." He tells her as he sits her on his lap. She sits tense, not used to sitting on someone's lap, especially a male's lap. Sirius wraps his arms around her and pulls her closer to him. "Relax, Red." Sirius says to her in a whisper. She remembers it's not any male, but Sirius, so she does as he says and relaxes. She sits relaxed against him, and he pulls her even more on his lap. Both her legs are over his, her butt resting on his thigh, and her head on his shoulder. She's facing the fire, her side to James and Lily. She closes her eyes and relaxes in the strong arms of Sirius. She feels so safe in his arms and calm. She's never been this calm before.

Sirius smiles as he feels her calmness and her relaxing. "Isn't this better?" He whispers in her ear, causing her to nod against him. He smiles and picks up her curl. He stares into the fire, his fingers twirling her curls around Subconsciously. James and Lily watch at the two in awe.

"I've never seen this side of him before." James whispers.

"I think they're cute." Lily smiles.

"Red?" James chuckles.

"Shh, I think it's adorable. He has his own little name for her."

"Why don't you say that about the names I give you?" Lily rolls her eyes.

"Because Sirius does it in such a cute way. I like seeing these two together. I think they're perfect together. Too bad we couldn't have met Madigan years before. Just look at how relaxed Sirius is." James nods.

"I've never seen him so calm and happy either."

"I think they really could be great together."

"Now we just need them to see how they feel about each other."

"Love at first sight. It's amazing how sometimes that actually works."

"I loved you when I first saw you." Lily blushes as she looks up at James.

"Really?"

"With all my heart." Lily smiles and kisses him.

"I love you too." They smiled before looking at Sirius and Madigan. Sirius smiles down at Madigan, holding her so protectively that if anyone tried to grab Madigan then Sirius would be on them in less than a second. The thought was so sweet. "I think Sirius already knows." Lily whispers.

"Me too." The door slams open, causing Madigan to jump. Sirius looks over and groans as he sees Tatia heading in looking absolutely furious. "What did you do?" James asks Sirius, knowing already it's Sirius fault.

"Nothing." Sirius says. "She wouldn't leave Red and I alone, so I told her to bugger off. Apparently, she isn't willing to bugger off." Sirius says as Madigan grow worried. Sirius looks down at her and pulls her further onto his lap. "Relax, Red, remember what I said. She's just a jealous bitch. I think she rather be on my lap than have you here." Madigan blushes and looks up at Sirius. "Personally, I like you here." She gives a small smile.