Episode 1

MUNIFA

It was almost eid and there was no story of school going on break. I really wanted to escape. Just skip lectures and go home for sallah. After all I can make up for it when I come back. I called my father. He was the understanding one. "Bappa Ina wuni" I greeted him and he answered "lafiya. Ya kuke? Ya school? " "lafiya kalau. Bappa we're coming back home on Thursday". I told him. He did not object to it. He just said "Allah Ya kaimu" Unlike if I had told Ammi, the story would have been different. I texted my brother Sayyid

Get ready. Home on Thursday!!!

A minute later I got a reply from him

Alright then.

Even though the thought of spending eid in Abuja was driving me crazy, I still wanted to go home. I missed everyone at home so I couldn't wait to go back.
Sayyid and I left for Abuja on Thursday. We got home after a 3hour journey. Bappa sent his driver to pick us up from the park and in like 20mins we were already home. Ilham came out running and screaming " Adda Munifa oyoyo" She turned to look at Sayyid who was trying to bring out our boxes from the car without a smile then said "Hamma Sayyid what's wrong with you? You look like you just chewed Panadol." He leaned forward to get hold of her but she hid behind my back. "You're so lucky I'm not in the mood right now because I'm tired but I'll definitely get you later" he said while dragging his box approach the front porch.

Just then Ammi appeared from nowhere "aren't you two supposed to be in school?" She asked with a face that needed immediate answers and Sayyid turned to look at me asking "you didn't tell her we were coming?" I stood there like I my brain was empty "She wouldn't have allowed us" I almost whispered. We all didn't say a word then she said "you need to learn to stay until school closes before you come home, anyways get your things inside."

We got inside and Sayyid headed to his room while I went upstairs to my own room to drop my luggage. I opened the door and my bags fell off my hand out of shock. "What is happening here?" I asked surprised and sad at the same time. There she was lying down on 'my' bed. Yes my bed. It used to be hers but it's now mine. "Adda Fiyya what are you doing at home?" I asked again packing my luggage and moving closer to the bed. "What does it look like I'm doing? Isn't this my father's house? Moreover you don't expect me to give birth to my first child anywhere but here." She said staring at me then she turned and continued looking at only God knows what on her phone. Ya Allah! I totally forgot she was pregnant. "But you're not even due until November and we're in September" I said with a sad face while undressing to take a shower. "so? I chose to come home earlier than expected." She said.

I couldn't believe it. I was going to go through it all over again. When Adda fiyya was newly pregnant she hardly moved things. It was always "Munifa get me a glass of water" "Munifa pass me the remote" "Munifa get me my phone from the kitchen" Munifa this Munifa that. She hardly uses 'please'. Ilham was the one who usually massages her legs. We all had to do what she wanted or face dramatic Ammi who would start her unnecessary fada.

I quietly stepped into the shower. I washed off all the sweat and tiredness and then I dressed up and went downstairs to eat. I met Sayyid already on the dinning table devouring some chicken salad and coconut fried-rice alongside his chilled zobo. Ilham was sitting beside him and gisting him about all the things that happened while we were away.

I headed to the kitchen to get my own food and I met Ammi trying to make some ginger and orange juice for Bappa. "Why is Adda fiyya home earlier than expected? I thought she was due by November but this is September." I asked Ammi while I was trying to open the food flasks on the kitchen island to fetch my food. She continued what she was doing without looking at me then she said "Faisal is going on a 2months course from the office so he asked her to come home so she won't be lonely." So she'll be here till she puts to bed. I just knew I was in for it.

Guys please don't forget to vote, comment and share. Show some love ❤️❤️❤️
New episodes will be posted once in a week