Words From the Stars

Warriors (c) Erin Hunter

I'm just going to post the rest of this. It's all completed here on Wattpad now, with the last chapter being added in just a minute. Thank you to all who have read, commented, fav-ed, everything.

You all mean a lot to me.

Thank you all.

Cats came flying out of the shadows, and all of the clan cats prepared and attacked bravely. Lilysong jumped at a scrawny black tomcat and clawed at his back. He screeched in pain and shot out of the clearing. Lilysong turned and raced over to help Heatherpaw fight off a mean looking brown tabby she cat. After fighting the she cat, Lilysong was attacked by a black and white tomcat.

In another part of the clearing, Violetheart was fighting a ginger tomcat. After sending him running out of the clearing, Violetheart raced over and tackled Shadow, who had come with Smoke.

"You! I never wanted to see you again Shadow!" Violetheart spat, clawing Shadow's back.

Shadow shook Violetheart off and hissed, "I'm Shadowfur, now! I joined SmokeClan, Smokestar is our leader, and he will rule the forest!"

Violetheart tackled him again, clawing at his belly and biting his front paw. "You will never rule the forest Shadowfur! You and your crow food friends will either leave here or die!"

"No," Shadowfur hissed, pouncing on Violetheart, "It is you who shall die!"

Violetheart clawed at Shadowfur's ears and bit his legs. After a lot of fighting, Shadowfur finally fled the clearing. Violetheart looked around for Nightblaze and Lilysong. They were both winning their fights. Violetheart then looked for Smoke. She spotted him, fighting Flashstar.

"Smoke!" Violetheart hissed as she flung herself at him. He looked up and then sank his teeth into Flashstar's neck. Violetheart choked, "F-Flashstar! . . . !"

Flashstar looked up at Violetheart and collapsed to the ground. Smoke turned and raced off. Violetheart bounded over to Flashstar.

"Flashstar," Violetheart meowed sadly. "I-I'll go and get Featherfall. She'll help you."

"Violetheart," Flashstar half purred, half choked. "I can't get any help. Pinestorm will make a good leader."

"Wait! Don't leaders have nine lives?" Violetheart asked.

"This . . . is my . . . last . . . life," Flashstar whispered, gasping for breath. "Tell him . . . that I . . . trust the clan's . . . care to him. I . . . also want . . . you to help . . . him and . . . save the clans . . . from . . . destruction. May . . . StarClan be . . . with you."

"Flashstar," Violetheart murmured.

With that last word, Flashstar fell to the ground and died. Violetheart let out a wail of grief, heard by all of the cats from all of the clans.

~*

Nightblaze, in another area, heard Violetheart wailing. He turned to where she was and Nightblaze saw the body of Flashstar lying at her paws. No! Not Flashstar! Suddenly, a cat crashed into Nightblaze's side. Smoke!

"I'm here to finish you off, Nightblaze!" Smoke hissed in Nightblaze's ear.

"Smoke!" Nightblaze hissed. "You killed my daughter! Prepare to die!"

Nightblaze was locked in combat with Smoke, each of them clawing each other and screeching. Smoke finally pinned Nightblaze down and hissed at him, "It's over!" Then Smoke called to Violetheart, "Violetheart! Nightblaze is dead!" As Violetheart looked up and started racing over, Smoke bit down hard on Nightblaze's neck. Nightblaze watched as his world started going dark. Violetheart raced over to Nightblaze's side and cried, "Nightblaze, no! Don't leave me! I can't live without you!"