⠀| sᴏᴏɴ

~

⠀⠀he was to get married today. that's what mainly occupied her mind the entire morning. that's what she had been stressing about since their meeting at the park last night.

she stared back at her own reflection in pure perplexity, not being able to comprehend why the insincere glass would lie to her in such a cruel manner. despite seeing herself through the reflective surface, appearing almost majestic with the help of the nosy white light that infiltrated her bedroom, she did not believe that it was her who was being displayed. the girl in the mirror was too beautiful; it couldn't be her.

she glimpsed briefly at her calendar.

it was, indeed, jungkook's wedding day, and the pit of her stomach had been churning all morning because of it. all that invaded her mind were the nerve-wracking and daunting set of events that would take place afterward.

she glanced over her shoulder at the brimful suitcase on top of her bed, biting her lip to restrain a smile. in less than an hour, she'd be out of this town with jungkook, her first and only love, dashing pridefully alongside her.

there was a knock on her door. "ready, nina? i need to make sure everything is intact before the actual ceremony begins," her mom called out from outside her bedroom.

"actually, mom, i'll meet you at the church. i kind of need to talk to jimin first," she replied, sighing in relief when she remembered that her door was locked and that her mom couldn't barge in even if she wanted to.

nina was certain that if her mother saw the prepared luggage resting on the mattress, she would've beheaded her in an instant.

nina hastily opened her window, threw her roller suitcase out of it,—truly hoping it'd survive the harsh fall,—and fled out of her bedroom as swiftly as possible. she scurried past her mom, who whined out after her, and exited the house to find her large bag lying unscathed on the snow-covered patio.

grabbing on to the handlebar of the suitcase, nina commenced her journey to jimin's house, which was only a couple houses down from her parents'. she struggled to haul the bag around, the wheels continuously getting stuck in the depth of the snow, but she eventually made it.

jimin had already been outside his house, sitting calmly out on his porch in deep thought. when he noticed nina nearing him, he immediately stood up, ready to stroll back inside to avoid speaking to her.

"jimin, wait!" she called out, tripping over her legs and landing sharply on the icy ground. her best friend, seeing her vulnerably on the ground, reluctantly walked over to her and crouched down in front of her fallen body to meet her eyes.

"hello, traitor," he shot her a fake grin, helping her up from the floor and lifting up the suitcase with just one arm.

"chim chim–"

"i know. i know. it's your last day, and i should be treating you nicely because i will never see you again," his voice cracked. "but can you blame me? you practically ditched me last night. i had to finish up under red sheets: volume iii because i was so bored without you."

"i'm sorry, baby," she pouted. "but at least i got an epiphany."

"oh, yeah? and what did you discover?" he quirked up an eyebrow, opening the front door and allowing nina to walk in first.