Prologue

Before.

There was a time before, when normal existed. But now, all that remains is the Disease, and of course, the people left to spread it among our slowly rotting carcasses that refuse to die. At least not yet, anyways. The Disease had been discovered in a test lab, while pharmaceutical scientists were on the brink on creating the cure for Cancer. The supposed "cure" had showed relatively immense cell regeneration among a group of Chimpanzees that were injected with the "cure". Some positive feedback gathered from the nine months of study on the chimps had led to a miraculous discovery. The rate at which the Cancer was spreading throughout the chimps had surprisingly declined instantaneously. After several weeks of collecting data from the newly-cured Chimpanzees, the four scientists had made a rather daring advance. The very first human would be tested with this drug; of course, after making a few modifications to the "cure" first. A year later, the new and incredible drug was tested on a volunteer- a 32-year-old Indonesian woman being treated for skin cancer in the United States. She, too, was studied for several months, and those several months eventually turned into a year. At last, the results of the experiment had been accomplished. The volunteer recovered back to full health, no longer needing chemotherapy or radiation. Within four months, the 32-year-old woman was released from the St. Walters Medical Facility, and granted permission to return back to her homeland in Indonesia. It was a very happy day for both the woman, who had gained back her old life, and for the four scientists, who have retired, all at young ages, after becoming filthy-stinking rich from what they had just done for humanity. But what soon followed the day after, would change the world forever.